• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing window tint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing window tint

Does anyone have a secret way of removing the glue that holds window tint on??

TIA
    Andy
    Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
    Andy M. Moderator

I watched a window tinter remove some old tint glue once. He had a tank that he pumped a few times then sprayed like a bug sprayer. I think he said all it was was a mixture of dawn and water in there. He sprayed some of that on the window and then gave the adhesive hell with a razor blade. Seemed to work pretty well, messy though.
    Later,
    Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
    Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

I use this to remove adhesive all the time... but never window tint so might give it a try works well on all kinds of other sticky stuff! Pick it up at walmart.
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

There's lots of resources on the web you can google. Here's one that looked interesting -

Comment

Remove old tint, drowned window with window cleaner/soapy water. Glue will soften up use razor blade to remove from window. More of a soaking the better.

If you have back defrost use steel wool instead of blade on back window. Thats so you dont damage defrost lines.
          Jeff

Comment

i had to remove tint on 6 out of 8 windows in the jeep and belive me its not a fun job be prepared its very messy and the glue is very slimy i used laquer thinner because acetone eats plastic and all that good stuff but i just used laqcuer thinnner and a razor blade it took me like a total of 3 days i dont ever wanna have to do that again. If i was to have to do it again i would use 3m adhesive remover it comes in like a quart rectangular can. I thought about using goo gone but it leaves an oily residue thats just a major p.i.t.a to remove.
            Last edited by JeepZJlover; Dec 27, 2004, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');