• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keep your spray bottles full, my "overfill" method

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep your spray bottles full, my "overfill" method

Maybe this is common knowledge or practice but I don't recall having read it anywhere. Before a customer arrives, I always go through all of my equipment and supplies, making sure I have enough of everything that I need and that my D/A hasn't gone into a deep sleep. Spray products that are diluted, in particular ones that I may use a lot of on just one car, can't really be "topped off" since there is already a mixed ratio in the bottle. When I ordered my detail supplies, I made sure to order extra spray bottles (chemically resistant of course) from USPlastic, but you could just save old sprayers as they become available. If I have, say, a quarter of a bottle of Last Touch 1:1 left; I simply pour it into the bottle I've marked "Last Touch 1:1 overfill". Then I make a fresh batch to use. As the level in the "being used" bottle drops, I'm able to now top it off with the overfill bottle. Again, maybe this is common sense or practice, but it's an easy way for me to knowthat I have enough product ready to go to use, and don't have to worry about mixing batches while I'm in the middle of a detail. I think this may be even more important for those that detail away from their home base, since you never know what kind or how much water you may have available at the location you're detailing.
    I use this method for heavily used, diluted products. Think Glass Cleaner, All Purpose Cleaner(s), Last Touch (clay lube/quick detailer/drying agent), Degreaser, etc.
    Mark

Re: Keep your spray bottles full, my "overfill" method

Great idea! I normally have 2 bottles of each dilution of product. That way when one runs low I just pour it into another and re-dilute the empty bottle. Same concept as you but I don't limit one bottle as just an overfill bottle, but allow that bottle to be of use too.

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
    Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew C. View Post
      Great idea! I normally have 2 bottles of each dilution of product. That way when one runs low I just pour it into another and re-dilute the empty bottle. Same concept as you but I don't limit one bottle as just an overfill bottle, but allow that bottle to be of use too.
      This seems to make more sense to me. Then your not playing musical bottles. Bottom line is do whatever works for you so that you don't have to mix product during a detail.

Comment

Great tip. Makes a lot of sense.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Yeah I agree too, good idea
          ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
          You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
          Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Comment

Sometimes I find that Wal-Mart has 1 gallon fridge water containers on sale. I have a couple of those for my most used mixes and just fill from those.
            Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');