• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Supreme Shines or Ultimate Wipes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: Supreme Shines or Ultimate Wipes?

So I was curious. Of the two microfibers Meguiar's offers (other than for washing/drying) - namely, Supreme Shine microfibers and Ultimate Wipes, which do you prefer? If you prefer one type of towel for one task (say, using SS microfibers for quick detailing and interiors) and the other for another task (UW for removing wax, etc.), then please share it.
    I use mainly/only Supreme Shines
    56.67%
    I use mainly/only Ultimate Wipes
    3.33%
    I have both types of towels and I use both equally
    33.33%
    I have both types of towels and I use whichever one I'm in the mood for
    6.67%
    Shane
    1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Re: Poll: Supreme Shines or Ultimate Wipes?

Supreme Shines for paint and glass. I use cotton or terry cloths on interiors.
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Supremes for paint. Ultimates for removing polish

Comment

Supremes for paint. Then the ultimate's for the final wipe down.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

I keep meaning to try the Ultimate Wipe but never have. I use mostly the Supreme Shine.

Comment

Ultimate is great for removing polish and D151, it makes life so much easier. I like the Supreme MF's for wax removal and I use generic MF's from Costco/Sam's Club for the interior cleaning/dressing.
            Drive her Fast but Wax her slow

Comment

Bump.
              Shane
              1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Supreme shine for UQD and final rubdown. Ultimate wipes for removing UQW and wax removal.

Dave
                You repair things with tools. You fix things with a hammer.

Comment

Ultimate wipes are really awesome for removing polish and wax. Has a different knap than the SS mf. I used to only use the SS towels until a friend turned me on to the UW. It took awhile to give em a try but he kept asking me. Once I did I was hooked.

Andy
                  Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
                  Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Both have their uses, and though the SS microfiber towels can be used on everything, I prefer the UW for glass.

Comment

Supreme Shines are just as good as removing product .... i tried a corner of a Ultimate Wipe and it was good but due to them having the hard hot wire cut edges I am scared to use them on paint. Has anyone else seen the edges of the UW?
                      I sent mine back and Mike Stoops tells me that is how they are produced and cut and as they should be ok ... well i put one in my hand and buffed with the hard edges down and it did marr the paint! seriously cant believe no one has mentioned this

Comment

Just got a case of them (Ultimates) and don't notice the anomaly you mention. Wonder what causes the differences?

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        David

Comment

You have to have... Spoke to Mike and Brian and they went to the warehouse and opened up a box and saw what I mentioned and said it's perfectly normal.
                          The UW is produced with hemmed edges along the top and bottom and then a hot wire/laser slices them every 16 inches. Pull yours out and check again and you will see what I am talking about. It's a know production by product of the way they are made.
                          Mike says it's ok but I think differently.
                          The side edges have these hard forked edges that protrude from the ends.

Comment

Originally posted by fredcandetail View Post
                            Supreme Shines are just as good as removing product .... i tried a corner of a Ultimate Wipe and it was good but due to them having the hard hot wire cut edges I am scared to use them on paint. Has anyone else seen the edges of the UW?
                            I sent mine back and Mike Stoops tells me that is how they are produced and cut and as they should be ok ... well i put one in my hand and buffed with the hard edges down and it did marr the paint! seriously cant believe no one has mentioned this
                            I have used UW's on multiple polishings but have never marred the paint. And I have used them to great effect for removing dried compound, polish, glazes, and even paste wax splatter. I never noticed the edges, but looking at them now they don't seem all that much different from the way my supreme shines are edged.

Comment

Fred,

I took a closer look and I can see what you are referring to in this photo. You can also see there are sections of the laser cut that after washing start to fuzz out. Understanding the action of the laser cut is like burning the ends of a nylon rope there can be a hard spot at the point of fusion.

I guess for me at least, the act of 1st washing takes care of the potential problem. Although if the point of fusion is long and hard enough it could continue to present problems.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              David

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');