• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supreme Shine Quality Control Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Supreme Shine Quality Control Issue

Originally posted by Andrew C. View Post
    Perhaps since you are soaking them in the sink, they are pretty heavy with water, so when you put them in the washer, them being thrown around with the extra water weight could distort their shape. Or if you do wring them out, it could be the process of wringing the towel out which causes them to become unsquare.
    Interesting thoughts.

One way or another Meguiar's is investigating whether or not there is a quality control issue. Perhaps we should wait until we here back from Meguiar's prior to further speculation. I know it's all done in innocence, but a lot of people take things out of context and things often get blown out of proportion.

Comment

I presoak all my towels and foam pads in a bucket of water with APC and Super Degreaser until it is time to wash them. When there are enough to do a load I squeeze the water out (since I have a Neptune washer) and wash them in warm water, then dry them on delicate cycle. I always fold them and if they were too far out of square to fold it would bother me. They may not be perfect, but I haven't had problems like the original poster.

To me the SS's have one function, which is to remove liquid. I don't care where. If I use another towel, it doesn't do as well. I was washing my wheel wells and thought I would use a shop rag so it wouldn't get the SS all dirty. Forget that, it took forever, so I used an SS. I figure if my time isn't money, at least it is aggravation. If the SS does the job fast, that's what I use. I have actually started storing a SS towel with the product so I can use it multiple times with that same product and save washing it so much, because there is so much usable surface area on it.

A plusher towel like some of the ones Cobra makes and sells for $6.95 apiece and up might be better for doing a final wipedown. The SS to me works great for removing liquid. And I can tell, looking at the Vroom towels that Target sells for anywhere near the same price, they may have the same nap length but they aren't the same density.

So I am happy with how they function, but don't know if over the long term the quality changed because I haven't been here over the long term, but I find these the to be by far the best quality for anywhere near the price in terms of how they do their job out of any others I have tried, including the yellow and blue ones from ADS, which aren't bad and I sometimes use them too.

Comment

I ordered a dozen of SS microfibers off of Amazon recently and they were absolutely perfect. They are square and even though they are not super plush, they remove product better than any other microfiber I have used. In fact, I recently QD my car using correct technique and to my surprise, not a single swirl could be seen that was not already there. I have to say that I am a huge fan of SS towels and I am ordering a dozen Ultimate Wipes from ADS to try them also. I am confident that they will be equally amazing. Just my 2 cents.
        Tedrow's Detailing
        845-642-1698
        Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');