• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dodge Ram seats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodge Ram seats?

Hi all,

I'm looking to purchase a used 2004 Hemi Ram with cloth interior. I've heard rumors however that cloth seats in late model Rams are prone to staining. One person even told me that plain water stained his seats. This seems unrealistic to me, but I'm just wondering if anyone has experience with this material and if it's really that delicate? Thanks!
    "Cars make great banks but they don't pay interest"

Re: Dodge Ram seats?

I did one a little less than a year ago, the seats were a PITA to clean. I used APC Plus and they came out looking better, but not perfect.
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Car companies just don't make cars with cleaning them in mind. Which is really kinda weird.
      Shane
      1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

My dad used to have a 99 dodge ram and he just traded it on on his new truck and not once did i ever have a hard time with the seats to clean them

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
          I did one a little less than a year ago, the seats were a PITA to clean. I used APC Plus and they came out looking better, but not perfect.
          Interesting Tuck, I wonder why the material is so difficult? A Ram owner once told me that the material seems very absorbent and wicks in any moister. All-in-all, would you say that the Ram interior was noticeably more difficult than other trucks you've worked on?

Originally posted by CieraSL View Post
          I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Car companies just don't make cars with cleaning them in mind. Which is really kinda weird.
          It really seems this way Ciera, and your right, it does seem odd!

Originally posted by aris View Post
          My dad used to have a 99 dodge ram and he just traded it on on his new truck and not once did i ever have a hard time with the seats to clean them
          Interesting Aris, I wonder if Dodge used a different fabric in 99, or if some trucks are more problematic than others... Thanks for your input!

Comment

Having worked on all of the Major three companies, cloth seats in a Silverado, F150 and Ram 3500. I found all pretty easy to work on. The Dodge was probably the hardest. Reminds me of my wife's HHR seats.

Comment

I have a black 2004 Dodge Hemi Sport . I keep black seat covers over the original seats to help with keeping them clean and Weathertech floor liners to keep the carpet clean and protect from stains. Truck interior looks like new, maybe better!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackScreaminMachine View Post
                Having worked on all of the Major three companies, cloth seats in a Silverado, F150 and Ram 3500. I found all pretty easy to work on. The Dodge was probably the hardest. Reminds me of my wife's HHR seats.

What year was the Ram?
                Nick
                Tucker's Detailing Services
                815-954-0773
                2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

2009 3500 w/ the Cummings Diesel

Comment

I had a 2003 Ram. No problems cleaning the seats. I now have a 2007 that is lighter colored and I am very careful with the interior. The 2006 interiors had a huge number of complaints about staining. Chrysler(Dodge) changed to YES Essentials fabric in 2007. It is supposed to be stain resistant and so far in my Dodge it has been. The 2004 probably is OK.

Oh, on my 2003 I used Scotchgard cleaner and protectant once a year or as needed.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tguil View Post
                      I had a 2003 Ram. No problems cleaning the seats. I now have a 2007 that is lighter colored and I am very careful with the interior. The 2006 interiors had a huge number of complaints about staining. Chrysler(Dodge) changed to YES Essentials fabric in 2007. It is supposed to be stain resistant and so far in my Dodge it has been. The 2004 probably is OK.

Oh, on my 2003 I used Scotchgard cleaner and protectant once a year or as needed.

Tom
                      Hey Tom, thanks for the great insight! I really like this truck. It is Atlantic Blue metallic with a grayish tan interior. The only drawback is that it's a regular cab, but has an 8' bed. Only 63,000 miles on the clock and the owner just dropped his price to $10,400 so I'm seriously considering it. Here's a low quality cell pic:

[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by BlackScreaminMachine View Post
                        2009 3500 w/ the Cummings Diesel
                        theres no G in Cummins.

anyway, the 3rd gen (02 1500 03-09 1500 2500 3500) seats ae VERY temper mental, and ive also heard of plain water leaving a stain.
                        Zach Hall

2001.5 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel - DD/Tow rig
                        1983 Chevy C10 - Race/Show rig
                        1939 Dodge D11 Luxury Liner Deluxe - Antique resto. project

Comment

I should get the truck Saturday. Here are a couple pics:

Any suggestions/recommendations for the paint or interior? If the weather holds out, it will get a detail Saturday afternoon. I appreciate any feedback!

Comment

What's with the snow in June?

As far as the detail, there are a ton of threads on this. As Sergeant Joe Friday LAPD said in the "Dragnet" TV series from the mid-fifties, "Just the facts."

1. Wash
                            2. Clay
                            3. Polish
                            4. Wax

Tom

Oh, I actually watched "Dragnet" the first time around. I may be old and slow, but "git-r'-done."

Comment

Originally posted by tguil View Post
                              What's with the snow in June?
                              Haha, the pictures were taken several months ago. Good catch, I was wondering if anyone would comment.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');