• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firefox and Logging In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox and Logging In

I have been using firefox instead of IE and love it. I highly reccomend it to everyone.

One issue I have noticed with MOL is that I cannot stay logged in when I close my brower.

Has anyone else noticed the same issue.

I've been using Firefox for about 3 months now, with no problems. When you sign in, check the "remember me" box

Comment

I have this same problem with both Opera and Firefox. Using IE, MOL remembers my logon fine each time I visit the site but if I use either Firefox or Opera, I have to log on each time I visit. I have tried this on several different machines both at home and at work and can't get the site to remember me outside of IE.

Any suggestions? I already tried going into the User CP and disabling and then re-enabling the "remember me" setting, BTW.

Comment

I use both IE and Firefox and have no problems with Firefox.

I there a spell check function available for Firefox yet? Like this one for IE

Free Spell Checker for Internet Explorer!

That's the only reason I continue to use IE is to quickly spell check my posts before posting them.
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

have you tried this one --

https://addons.mozilla.org/extension...nfo.php?id=485

I havent tried it myself but I found it via search on the mozilla extentions website

Comment

Is it best to sign out when leaving the forum?......Or does it matter?

I usually leave things as they are during the day, but at the end of the day, I clean out all of my files & cookies.

But I have to sign-in the next time around though, if I want to post anything that is.
            r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Bumper
              Is it best to sign out when leaving the forum?......Or does it matter?

I usually leave things as they are during the day, but at the end of the day, I clean out all of my files & cookies.

But I have to sign-in the next time around though, if I want to post anything that is.
              It should not make a difference. I do not log out daily, but will clean out my files and cookies at least once a week. After the cleaning, you must log in to post.

Tim
              Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Thanks Tim.

Nice looking e-mail address you have there!
                r. b.

Comment

I to have had this problem since changing to firefox but I don't have the problem on my treo
                  "Always do right - this will gratify some and astonish the rest."
                  -Mark Twain.

Comment

i have no problems with using Firefox... maybe you should install the newest updates but it should work since the very first release of it. Firefox always ask you if you indeed would be remebered for that website.

Comment

I think I figured out why firefox was having problems remembering my login --

My shortcut linked to www.meguiarsonline.com but when I dug through the cookies being created on my machine, they were all (except for one) for meguiarsonline.com (note the missing www. prefix).

If I use the URL http://meguiarsonline.com, firefox and opera remember my ID correctly based on the contents of the cookie but if I use http://www.meguiarsonline.com they both think that there is no cookie associated with that site, hence why the site wanted me to log in again.

IE seems to know to associate both URLs with the same cookie though.

Mike, any ideas on this one? BTW, autopia.org (which I think MOL shares server space with??) has the same issue.

Or is it just not worth fixing and just change the links to eliminate the www.?

Hope this helps...

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');