• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

follow up with 205 or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• follow up with 205 or not?

I had to use speed 5 and 105 to make any impact on my paint since it is rock hard. I know usually you are supposed to follow up with 205 but is it necessary for me since the paint is so hard and their both paint cleaners?

Re: follow up with 205 or not?

First of all, M205 is a cleaner polish so it contains a fare amount of polishing oils which will add clarity and depth to the finish.

Just because the paint is hard does not mean that M205 will not add immense clarity and depth to the finish. It will still burnish the paint to a high gloss when used correctly. Remember, W9207 Finishing Pad with moderate pressure on the first few passes and then lighten up for the last couple of passes. As Mike Stoops continually states, M205 has an insanely long buffing cycle so take your time and bring out the most shine possible!
    Tedrow's Detailing
    845-642-1698
    Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Originally posted by coopers23 View Post
      M205 is a cleaner polish so it contains a fare amount of polishing oils which will add clarity and depth to the finish.
      Unlike M80 and M83, M205 does not contain any polishing oils.

It is hard to tell what will be needed without previous experience on that car. But, I would go ahead and follow it up with M205. This will remove any haze and add extra clarity to the finish. The final polishing step adds time, but it can make all the difference.
      Chris
      Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

What? M205 contains no polishing oils? But I thought it was a cleaner/polish. That changes how I think of M205 though. That is interesting. Sorry for any confusion, I am obviously still learning about all the prodcuts.
        Tedrow's Detailing
        845-642-1698
        Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

One of the Mikes will have to chime in,

I know 80, 83, and 9 have more TS oils than M205 though.

I dont really care though, whatever is in the bottle works. M205 can produce stunning clarity and has a nice buffing cycle.
          Nick
          Tucker's Detailing Services
          815-954-0773
          2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

205 it is then. Thanks!

Comment

When in doubt, do a test spot in a inconspicuous place. Let the results be your guide.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');