• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mirror Glaze 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mirror Glaze 7

Originally posted by Michael Stoops View Post
    There is at least one pretty high end boutique sealant maker who refers to their products as "polish" when just about everyone else would class them as sealants.
    Did you say Zaino?
    Paul Marmarinos
    Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
    "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

First time user of M7

this evening I glazed my black Mazda with the M7, in the garage with flourescent light. It seemed to conceal or remove some water spots that were beginning to show up. I suspect that it did a little of both but I'm fairly happy with the results, we shall see in daylight tomorrow. Going to follow up with Gold Class wax tomorrow.

I was painting a room earlier and ran out of energy to wax. A quick history of the car: bought used in April this year, paint was really swirled bad from the PO. Clay bricked followed by buffed out and glazed by a friend that used to work for me(I managed a Recon Dept for a Dealership) followed by a paint sealant and then Gold Class wax. Quik Detailer was smearing and not working very well, will not use it on black going forward for touch ups. I could see the car was needing something like glaze so here I am with M7. I guess my question is how often? I think I had washed the car approximately 5 times since the brick/buff/glaze/sealant/wax before I decided to take action on the M7 glaze. Surface was looking "milky" or a bit opaque in certain light. Glaze appears to have evened out the finish. What I noticed from my days in Recon was that glaze, whichever product you use, does not last very long and does wash out. So how often should I glaze or is it a YMMV situation? Car is a daily driver 6 mos out of the year.

Comment

Re: First time user of M7

Quik Detailer was smearing and not working very well, will not use it on black going forward for touch ups.
        When was it smearing?

I could see the car was needing something like glaze so here I am with M7. I guess my question is how often? I think I had washed the car approximately 5 times since the brick/buff/glaze/sealant/wax before I decided to take action on the M7 glaze. Surface was looking "milky" or a bit opaque in certain light. Glaze appears to have evened out the finish. What I noticed from my days in Recon was that glaze, whichever product you use, does not last very long and does wash out.
        Glaze is just oils, so certainly will wash off. The wax or sealant 'seals' it in. However, it is still just covering. Would need a proper cleaner to remove the swirls.

So how often should I glaze or is it a YMMV situation? Car is a daily driver 6 mos out of the year.
        Yeah, whenever you like.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Re: First time user of M7

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
          When was it smearing?

Glaze is just oils, so certainly will wash off. The wax or sealant 'seals' it in. However, it is still just covering. Would need a proper cleaner to remove the swirls.

Yeah, whenever you like.
          The buffing removed alot of the swirls, done with a Dewalt Rotary with a soft foam pad and 1500 compound, I don't own a DA buffer so have no experience using one which is why I farmed that job out. I may buy a DA and start the process of learning, I'm sort of on the fence as to how picky I want to get. 99% of the population would look at my car and think it is near perfect where I see all the minor imperfections that come with owning a used black car. It has already come a long way since I took possession, it really is a joy using product that works.

My shop used Quik Detailer for years, never had the smearing problem that I encountered. I was using it after the car was washed and dried, mainly as a quick wipe down to give that just waxed look. It just smeared and did not wipe off cleanly, I have no idea why. Going forward, any touch ups will be done with glaze.

Comment

Re: Mirror Glaze 7

Generally speaking, if the wax is wearing off a car, has surface contaminants, etc, the QD will be harder to use.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');