• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steam Cleaner on order, updates to follow...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam Cleaner on order, updates to follow...

I've been researching steam cleaners for quite some time. I used one from the company Vapor Clean a few months ago, and was so impressed by the results. The model I used had built in vacuum for extraction, though it was weak. Here's a link to the model that I have on order, I can't wait to get it...Tests and results to follow of course. This model is a little overkill for car interiors, but will definitely provide the results needed. I considered the other uses around the home and elsewhere where it can be helpful and decided that I should just go for it.

The Vapor Clean line of steam cleaners is a careful selection of the best designs from Italy, imported direct for your purchase.

Excited!

Mark
    Mark

Re: Steam Cleaner on order, updates to follow...

Nice! The one I got is very similar, called the VX-5000. I bought the following video that shows you how to use it in as far as auto detailing is concerned. It is 2 hours long, and I highly recommend it.

Detailing Success is here to help you develop better habits in auto detailing, running your shop efficiently, and network with industry pros. Join us today!

Comment

Great, thanks Mary. Any quick tips from the video?

Mark
      Mark

Comment

Originally posted by wwcleancars View Post
        Great, thanks Mary. Any quick tips from the video?

Mark
        Mainly, he steams the area and follows that with wiping off the water with a terry towel or microfiber.

He uses a microfiber towel wrapped over either a popsicle stick or a crochet needle to get into vents or crevices to dry them out after steaming.

He uses the large triangular brush a lot with the towel wrapped around it. He puts the brush in the middle of a 16" towel towel, folds left to right, right to left, then upper right towards lower left, then upper left towards lower right, and those two he puts in the clips. Before he does this he puts a triangular shaped scouring pad in the triangular recess of the brush. Then he uses this to steam and scrub and absorb the liquid. When the terry towel gets soiled, he repositions it.

For cup holders he uses the 3-hole steamer (the long thin one) in the cup holder and puts a towel over it and steams it, then cleans the cup holder out with the towel.

Like I said, there is 2 hours of the specifics, but that is the general idea. He also sends recommendations of some products to use, like a red stain remover.

Your steamer will probably come with a DVD or at least instructions on the basics of how to fill it and change the settings and so forth. He didn't go into that.

Enjoy!

Comment

I'll be watching this thread. Definitely update us when you get the steamer and get a chance to use it.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');