• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What pads with Flagship Cleaner wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What pads with Flagship Cleaner wax?

I am getting ready to order a G110V2 to apply the Flagship cleaner wax to my 22 Ft. Crownline. Should I use a polishing pad to apply this? I read a post on another forum where somebody said since the gelcoat is so hard to apply with a cutting pad but that sounded to aggressive to me.

The gelcoat is in good condition, very little to no oxidation but has some water spots. Boat just needs a good cleaning before it hits the water this summer.

My plan is to wash the boat, use the cleaner wax, and then top with Flagship wax.

If any of this sounds wrong or there is a better way to do it please let me know.

Thanks!

Re: What pads with Flagship Cleaner wax?

I would go ahead and apply it with a polishing pad.

Let us know how it turns out! Pictures would be great too.
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Thanks!

I will get some before and after pics when I start cleaning.

Will the cleaner wax protect as well as the regular Flagship wax? I'm trying to decide if I should take the time to top with the wax or just use the ceaner wax for now and then follow up in a month or so with either just the regular wax or polish and then wax.

Comment

Originally posted by Yookdew View Post
        Thanks!

I will get some before and after pics when I start cleaning.

Will the cleaner wax protect as well as the regular Flagship wax? I'm trying to decide if I should take the time to top with the wax or just use the ceaner wax for now and then follow up in a month or so with either just the regular wax or polish and then wax.

No problem! Cant wait for the photos. I know how much time and hard work it takes to prepping a boat for the water.

As for your question, I cannot comment on the Flagship Cleaner Wax since I have not used the product.

However, I can comment on the Flagship Premium Marine Wax since I have used several bottles of it. I would go ahead and use it after you have used the Flagship Cleaner Wax, that way you will have two coats of wax on your boat and the boat will look fantastic!
        Nick
        Tucker's Detailing Services
        815-954-0773
        2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');