• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie questions about getting started with G110V2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie questions about getting started with G110V2

I was looking at getting the Meguiar's G110V2 Six Pack pad Special from ADS. Questions I have are which pads should I choose? I am also getting the 7" 2.0 Microfiber Bonnets. Is there anything else I should get with my order? Thanks for all the help and cant wait to get started. I have a boat,wifes car and my truck to detail.

Re: Newbie questions about getting started with G110V2

I recently purchased this kit also and I decided to get 4 W8207 Polishing Pads and 2 W9207 Finishing Pads. You really should not use a W7207 Cutting Pad on the G110V2 as it will leave quite a bit of hazing.

I would pick up some M105/M205 combo to try out. Rick at ADS sells the 8 oz versions all the way up to gallon sizes of M105/M205, so take your pick!

If you are going to be working on your boat then you may want to pick up some Marine products. I would PM Tuck91 and ask him about using a W7207 Cutting Pad on gelcoat as he said in a previous post that he has had great success with them. Actually, he is one of the go-to people if you ever need any detailing advice; just check out the details he does in the Show-Off Your Latest Detail section of the forum.

Take a read on a few of these sections, especially, the section reserved for working with a DA polisher. All of the sections in this forum are incredible and you will find that almost any question you have can be answered!

Welcome to MOL!!!
    Tedrow's Detailing
    845-642-1698
    Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

I just ordered mine and was told to get the one below:

Pad Choice 1 = Soft Buff 2.0
      Polishing Pad (Yellow)
      Pad Choice 2 = Soft Buff 2.0
      Polishing Pad (Yellow)
      Pad Choice 3 = Soft Buff 2.0
      Polishing Pad (Yellow)
      Pad Choice 4 = Soft Buff 2.0
      Polishing Pad (Yellow)
      Pad Choice 5 = Soft Buff 2.0
      Finishing Pad (Black)
      Pad Choice 6 = Soft Buff 2.0
      Finishing Pad (Black)

Comment

Looks good to me!
        Tedrow's Detailing
        845-642-1698
        Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

I ordered this kit also, with the 4 yellow pads and 2 black pads. While I wouldn't mind ordering a few more of each, I think for a six pad selection, this combination is the way to go.

Comment

I like using a cutting pad with a bonnet for wax removal. I must be in the minority. I would get 1 cutting pad. they last a very long time.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

Sounds like I will be ordering 4 yellow pads and 2 black ones. I am going to post in the marine section on what type of polish and wax I should get. Thanks for all the help.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');