• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G110 Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G110 Problem

Hey guys, been a long time since Ive had any time to surf the forum, but last night while detailing a ranger my g110 stopped working. Mind you I got this last year during the summer. The machine has never been to speed 6 in its life time. While applying #83 the machine just died, the outlet I was using is a regular household outlet, and didnt trip any breakers. The machine just died. So I turned it off and let it sit for a while incase I over heated it... but the machine was still cold to the touch... Id say about room temp. I plugged it back up after 30 mins and still nothing. Next I blew into the slat where you can see the fan that spins like the old school Nintendo, atari games. I turned the machine back on and it started up, I had the head facing at an angle towards the ground. One I brought it up level it began to die again, so I shook it and the power would cut on and off intermittently. So I let it sit over night and now it wont start again... also the machine has never been over heated, nor sat out in bad weather or been in a room more or less than room temps. Can someone help me out? Is there usual maintenance that needs to be done?

Oh one more thing, this was not bought new, it is used, I bought it from a reputable detailer in my town.

Re: G110 Problem

Call up Meguiars Customer Service and see if it is still under warranty. If I remember correctly, there is a 1 year warranty on the G110 so I would give them a call as soon as possible. I hope everything works out. Keep us posted.
    Tedrow's Detailing
    845-642-1698
    Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Just call the Customer Care Center: 800-347-5700

Se what they can do for you.

Andy M.
      Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
      Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Same exact thing happened to me and many others, I called customer service and they had several complaints, and it does take a while to get it replaced, in your case they might not since its a year old. Anyways the cord is junk keep wiggling it and holding the buffer in different positions it will work for a while then stop once you move positions. long story short the cord is a hard cheap plastic that is garbage and the wires will break real soon if you keep wiggling the cord around. Do like I did and go buy yourself a good extension cord and replace the cord out of the buffer with your new one if you know how or see if you know someone that can. I did and have not been happier.

Comment

well I doubt it will still be under warranty with it being used and all. Plus the detailer I bought it from took the serial no. off. Also we tried wiggling the wire and nothing happened. It seemed to work well when we just blew into the slat where the fan is. Could I just replace the brushes?

Comment

See if this thread helps: G110 Failure carbon buildup on brushes

Comment

If it is less then a year old it should be covered.

Call the customer care center. They will guide you on the right path.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

Absolutely no reason to take off the serial # unless it is hot in my opinion , maybe your guy didn't remove it for that reason but someone did for that specific reason ! Just replace the cord to start, and go from there! Best of luck to you !! Does anyone know where I could purchase a GRit Guard foam pad cleaner system some what cheaper than the original price of $130.00 seems way out of my price range right now!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Fisher View Post
                  Does anyone know where I could purchase a GRit Guard foam pad cleaner system some what cheaper than the original price of $130.00 seems way out of my price range right now!!!
                  Not the same name but it is the same product

Comment

Originally posted by BlueTooth View Post

the detailer I bought it from took the serial no. off.

It is very possible that you have a HOT PC

Originally posted by BlueTooth View Post

Could I just replace the brushes?

Yes, there is a possibility the brushes are worn. There is also a possibility that there is a short in the cord. Both are easy fixes. The very least you can do, is to take it apart, clean the internals and inspect it. Chances are good that you will see an obvious problem

Comment

awesome and thanks guys, I appreciate the quick responses. The cord is surprisingly alright, its definitely something internal thats wrong

Comment

Have you checked the cord for resistance?

Comment

I thought the G110 had lifetime warranty??
                          2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Edit above post:

I meant "continuity".

Have you checked the cord for continuity?

Comment

Originally posted by Bri View Post
                              I thought the G110 had lifetime warranty??
                              That was the G100

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');