• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2004 Toyota Sienna - Salsa Red

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 Toyota Sienna - Salsa Red

Wheels/Tires:
    Meguiar's Deep Crystal on wheels
    Meguiar's APC+ on tires
    Meguiar's Cleaner Wax on wheels
    Meguiar's Hyper Dressing on tires

Wash:
    Gilmour Foam Gun with Meguiar's Gold Class
    Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Gloss
    Meguiar's Microfiber Wash Mitt

Clay:
    Meguiar's OTC Clay
    Meguiar's Last Touch

Paint Correction:
    Flex 3401 VRG
    Menzerna Super Intensive Polish / LC Orange Pad
    Menzerna Nano Polish (106FF) / LC White Pad
    Craftsman 500W Halogen Lights

LSP:
    Autoglym HD Wax

I'm sorry I don't have any before pictures because the car wasn't dirty at all when I started.

Before Paint Correction Pics:

The swirl marks weren't so bad at all. This car has been well maintained and washed using the 2 bucket method most of the time. I started the paint correction process by using the least aggressive method so I started with the Menz 106FF paired with the LC white polishing pad. This barely did anything at all. So I stepped it up to the Menz SIP with the LC orange light cutting pad. This removed all the swirl marks except some RIDS. Each panel was corrected using the Menz SIP / LC orange followed by Menz 106FF / LC white.

After Paint Correction Pics:

LSP to be used:

2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Re: 2004 Toyota Sienna - Salsa Red

Photoshoot:

Comment

The reason why I did this detail is to try the Autoglym HD Wax everyone's talking about. I was only using Meguiar's NXT 2.0 exclusively before and I'm happy to say that I'm sticking with it! The Autoglym just doesn't have the "pop" in the reflection nor the slickness the NXT 2.0 produces. Not to mention the Autoglym dusts like you're polishing using M83!!! Grrr. The good thing about it is that it gives the paint a very deep reflection but I'd still pick the NXT 2.0 any day.

Comment

Great work. Very nice. Great reflections.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Super job and excellent reflections. Thanks for your observations concerning the other product versus NXT 2.0!

Comment

Thanks guys!

Quick question... How many pictures do you guys see on my first post? I linked 11 pictures but I'm only seeing 6... I wonder if everyone's seeing the same thing and flickr's screwed up...

Comment

Looks great. I used AG HD yesterday for the first time and did not notice any dusting. I love the look it gave to my wifes satin silver accord it was bright and glossy, paint was slick the towel slid right off. The red looks great that is one of the vans we are considering

Comment

Nice work Marc! Haven't seen you around in a while. Now that it's almost over 100 degrees we should get together again for another detail!

Comment

To Mods or who ever knows:
                  How do I edit my posts? It seems that flickr isn't showing some of my pictures... I uploaded all my pics again in photobucket now. I would like to edit all the links so that people will see all the pictures I want everyone to see.. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by kerrinjeff View Post
                    Nice work Marc! Haven't seen you around in a while. Now that it's almost over 100 degrees we should get together again for another detail!
                    You got PM Jeff! Nice to hear from you!

Originally posted by Sal329 View Post
                    Looks great. I used AG HD yesterday for the first time and did not notice any dusting. I love the look it gave to my wifes satin silver accord it was bright and glossy, paint was slick the towel slid right off. The red looks great that is one of the vans we are considering
                    Hmmm... Maybe I applied the wax too thick? I'll try it out again... I'll try the autoglym wax on my ASM accord and let everyone know how it goes!

Comment

Doooooood! I'm looking an reading and I see AGHD and the sweet looking pics and then at the end you diss AGHD! Come on mannnn :P
                      AGHD hasnt dusted at all for me, with all due respect it was probably applied to thick ... I've been able to take one light swipe from the canister and cover about a panel and a half / half the hood.
                      compare pics from other cars you have done and judge again for yourself.

PS ... read a post I had on AGHD ... about 2 months after I applied it I was bored and threw 21 on top of it ... WOW!

Comment

Judging by the after pictures I would of thought you loved the Auto Glym. That vans paint looks awesome and reading the other review I am going to go get some and try it out as NXT 2.0 seems to take forever to dry in our weather.

Comment

nice nightshots.
                          I see you use cleaner wax for wheels, does that give good endurance?
                          Arctic Detailing - Northern Norway
                          Facebook site http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...12239962147393

1996´AUDI S6 AVANT QUATTRO
                          00`S6 tip 92´S4q, 97´S6q, 97´A4q, 02´A4q, 76´ Audi50

Comment

Originally posted by fredcandetail View Post
                            Doooooood! I'm looking an reading and I see AGHD and the sweet looking pics and then at the end you diss AGHD! Come on mannnn :P
                            AGHD hasnt dusted at all for me, with all due respect it was probably applied to thick ... I've been able to take one light swipe from the canister and cover about a panel and a half / half the hood.
                            compare pics from other cars you have done and judge again for yourself.

PS ... read a post I had on AGHD ... about 2 months after I applied it I was bored and threw 21 on top of it ... WOW!
                            LOL!!! Dude, don't get me wrong.. I love the results of AGHD but I still prefer NXT 2.0. Pictures don't do justice on how deep the paint looks in person. Yeah I think there were panels that I applied a thick coat but I thought that it was being applied thinly. I'll applier a thinner layer next time. This is my first time using a pure carnauba wax.

Can you post some pics on when you applied AGHD and then 21 after? What if we apply M21/NXT 2.0 and then the AGHD after 12 hours??

Originally posted by Joenok View Post
                            nice nightshots.
                            I see you use cleaner wax for wheels, does that give good endurance?
                            I'm not sure if it gives a long lasting protection but it's better than nothing.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');