• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's MF wash mitt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiar's MF wash mitt.

I have used all kinds of wash mitts andI was currently using one made of lambs wool until today. I just used a Meg's MF wash mitt with ONR and as the Comic book guy from the Simpsons would say: BEST WASH MITT EVER!

Here's why:

1. I feel it is softer than the lambs wool.

2. Because it is white it is easier to see any foreign debris stuck in it, therfore reducing the chance of swirls.

3. When using it with ONR it was twice as easy to clean compared with the deep pile of the wool.

4. I felt that the sponge inside made it much easier to control the amount of soapy water that I wanted in the mitt.

5. It was $3 less than the lambs wool mitts that I was buying at Advance Auto.

Altogether, this is the highest quality mitt that I have used and is most definitely a best buy for the money. Therfore, I award it the "Garage Troll Seal of Approval."

Re: Meguiar's MF wash mitt.

Great to know, thanks for the review my friend.
    Ryan's Auto Detailing, S.A
    Mobile Auto Detailing Company.
    Dominican Republic.

Passion for Detailing, do it with love.

Comment

I like them a lot. My favorite wash mitt also. Very nice review.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

I guess I am going to have to try this out soon. What do you guys think of the chenille wash mitts?
        Tedrow's Detailing
        845-642-1698
        Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

I got 6pack from ads, I like them much better than sheep wash mits, easy to clean, easy to see any dirt on it, lasts for a long time, just anything you would need.

Comment

Chenille is ok, and have used a Vroom one that is pretty good. But yeah, the Meguiars MF one is pretty top of the line.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Does Meguiars offer the same product as a sponge? I am not a fan of the mitt as I don't like putting my hand inside and I am not crazy about the cuff dragging on the paint. I'd love to see this same product in a sponge form.

Comment

I have two, A Chenille and a MF, both Generic. I see myself going back to the MF also. The Chenille is a paint to get debris out of it. As long as I am not trying to wash the bottom panel near the rocker where all the garbage is, both mitts workfine.

Comment

Yeah im always scared to take mine near the bottom panel so i use an older cotton one for that.

Comment

Originally posted by tecka View Post
                    Yeah im always scared to take mine near the bottom panel so i use an older cotton one for that.
                    Yea, you should be scared. I am too. I never wax below the "Crease" of the door. I do need some bug and tar remover and really go over the bottom of some of my cars. Once I get it where I want it. Then I will wash and wax accordingly.

Ultimately it will lead to the car remaining clean on the bottom half.

Comment

Originally posted by coopers23 View Post
                      What do you guys think of the chenille wash mitts?
                      I had thought the Meguiar's microfiber was chenille, maybe I'm wrong.

So far, it is the only one I've used, and I like it. Thanks for the review!

I was planning to eventually try the lambskin, as I know some people like them; Mike Phillips used it in his how to do 2 bucket method video. But I think I will stick with this one. I could break the bank trying everything out there.

Comment

Thank you for the compliments everyone! I hope you guys get as much enjoyment out of the mitt as I do.

Personally, I use a good wash mitt for all of the painted surfaces and an older one for the trim. As you can see from my avatar my Vue is a bit different as it has plastic unpainted trim for the lower cladding so it's not as much of a worry for me. As the good mitt gets a bit ratty I delegate it down to the trim duty and get a new one for the paint. I can't think of any issues that have arisen from this.

Happy detailing,
                        Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Keebler View Post
                          Does Meguiars offer the same product as a sponge? I am not a fan of the mitt as I don't like putting my hand inside and I am not crazy about the cuff dragging on the paint. I'd love to see this same product in a sponge form.
                          General Auto Detailing Discussion. Participate in existing discussion or start a new thread with your question.
                          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Keebler View Post
                            I probably placed my hand inside the mitt maybe twice in my life.
                            quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
                              I probably placed my hand inside the mitt maybe twice in my life.
                              Yep. You can use it like a sponge. Mike did it in the video. Personally, I like putting my hand in it (oooh, that's sounds kinda dirty...) I have used it as a sponge once or twice but for some reason I'm always worried that I may drop it that way.

To think, 4 years ago when I was living at home I used to use a bone sponge (el-cheapo) and one small two gallon bucket with no grit guard. Yikes!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');