• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Advice: Do I need 2nd coat of NXT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice: Do I need 2nd coat of NXT

So here what I did over the weekend...

1. Wash with NXT gen. car wash using 2 bucket system
    2. Clayed with SMOOTH SURFACE™ CLAY KIT
    3. One coat of
    CLEANER WAX
    Cleaner Wax
    4. Then after 5-6 hrs one coat of NXT GENERATION TECH WAX® 2.0

Do I need 2nd coat of NXT GENERATION TECH WAX® 2.0? Is 2nd coat really necessary?

Also how do I use Ultimate Quik Wax?

I live in Seattle and here it rains every other day

Appreciate your advice!

Re: Need Advice: Do I need 2nd coat of NXT

Meguiar's recommends two coats of wax to ensure uniform coverage of the surface.
    Since you used Cleaner Wax, which is an all in one product and does offer protection, and topped it with NXT 2.0 then you already did two coats of wax.

There is no rule on if the coats of protection has to be from the same product or not, that's up to you. Some people like putting two coats of the same products and other like to play around and mix

Ultimate Quik Wax is a mist and wipe product, so it's perfect to maintain the finish, here is a video that can help
    Meguiar's, at its core, is undoubtably about PASSION. Passion for developing the best possible surface care products, including Auto, Marine and RV. Passion for ensuring the experience using those products delivers a "WOW" - every time. And Passion for building and fostering genuine relationships with enthusiasts around the globe. With over 120 years of experience and surface care leadership, Meguiar's remains deeply rooted in car culture, authentically pushing performance boundaries of detailing products to support all needs… from the experienced Pro to the curious novice. Join our global community of people who genuinely love their cars and Reflect their Passion using Meguiar's!

Comment

Originally posted by yalerd View Post
      Meguiar's recommends two coats of wax to ensure uniform coverage of the surface.
      Since you used Cleaner Wax, which is an all in one product and does offer protection, and topped it with NXT 2.0 then you already did two coats of wax.

There is no rule on if the coats of protection has to be from the same product or not, that's up to you. Some people like putting two coats of the same products and other like to play around and mix

Ultimate Quik Wax is a mist and wipe product, so it's perfect to maintain the finish, here is a video that can help
      http://www.youtube.com/MeguiarsUSA#p.../2/DZrg2viYHIs
      Thanks, so two coats of NXT tech wax is not really necessary? I saw the post some where saying it has to be 2 coats of NXT tech wax to seal the clear coat.

Regarding UQW, I meant to ask should I do UQW on top of NXT wax in order to activate water repellent action.

or when I wash next time I need to use UQW so that I can have all water repellent feature as post in the link above? Also when I wash with soap next time then wouldn't it will take all the existing wax off?

Sorry I'm confuse on how to use UQW along with NXT 2.0..

Thanks again

Comment

NXT has the same Hydrophobic technology like the Ultimate Wax and Detail Brands. So if you left NXT by itself, you still get some nice beading of water.

As for multiple coats, after 2 properly done coats of wax, the paint has probably taken all it can before the returns are deminished. I know there is a link about doing more then 2 layers of actual wax is basically a waste. You should not need to re wax for about 2-3 months.

Using a Booster Wax like a Ultimate Quick Wax is EASY.

If your car is clean, meaning it needs no more then a dusting due to pollen. Just mist on and wipe off with a clean micro fiber in a cool, shady area. Should leave no residue or marks. Once the car is done, just wash it and follow up every 1-2 washes with the booster and around the 2-3 month mark, you may consider a follow up with another coat of NXT. It should come off very easy.

I hit all my cars with Ult. Quick Wax this weekend. My 2000 Buick Century, had a multi step process done and this was week 5 or 6 since last wash (I know, I know, tisk tisk) and it had heavy pollen, and bird droppings. I washed it, dried. Then followed up with Ult. QUick Wax and looks hard as glass.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackScreaminMachine View Post
          Using a Booster Wax like a Ultimate Quick Wax is EASY.

If your car is clean, meaning it needs no more then a dusting due to pollen. Just mist on and wipe off with a clean micro fiber in a cool, shady area. Should leave no residue or marks. Once the car is done, just wash it and follow up every 1-2 washes with the booster and around the 2-3 month mark, you may consider a follow up with another coat of NXT. It should come off very easy.
          So do a full wash with soap after wiping off with mist? then do one coat of UQW..is this correct?

or just do full wash skipping the mist and wipe then follow up UQW?

Comment

How I did it was a full wash (my car needed it). Dried, Mist on UQW, Wipe off and leave as is.

Comment

Sounds like you are set to go! How long the protection will last in the Seattle weather is anybody's guess, but maintaining the protection with UQW is a sound suggestion.

If you experience problems with water-spotting, given all the rain, you may find that it's helpful to do frequent car washes or ONR rinses (see: "When you need a quick wash--ONR!"). Cleaner Wax will be your friend here. If you find the paint spotting despite your car washes, then pull out the Cleaner Wax and go over the paint again, topping it with NXT. I made the mistake last year not attending to the water spots as quickly as I should have.
              Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
              --Al Kimel

Comment

I use a DA when I apply NXT to my car, but I do only one coat. The DA really makes applying the one coat evenly and quick. The NXT 2.0 Tech Wax really sheds water well with just one coat on my car.
                2016 Focus ST

Comment

Meguiar's recommends 2 thin coats. Does not say, 2 thin coats of the same wax. Just 2 thin coats for 100% even coverage. You gave your vehicle 2 coats. You are all set.
                  quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');