• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax by Hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: #26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax by Hand

Originally posted by Selectchoice View Post
    Used to be freely available in liquid formula in Australia. Maybe that's changed? I've only ever used the liquid version...
    I have seen the gallon version online once or twice, but it would prob take me 25 years to get through that , assuming I never used anything else. Never seen any 16oz bottles.

Comment

Not too sure how/if it's sold now in Australia. I just assumed it was.

But I have three or four used bottles (of varying ages) in one of my detailing cupboards. Definately the smaller bottles.

Comment

I went down to Supercheap (auto store in Australia) today and couldn't believe how badly they've mangled the Meguiars range. There was not even any Gold Class wax or NXT sealant. Just random bits and pieces from each line thrown onto the shelf. Only waxes on offer were M26 paste, DC3 and UQW. I guess for the average joe that's fine, pick up a clay kit, bottle of SwirlX, a can of M26 and jobs done. But I'm fussy .

Autobarn are far better at stocking the complete range and presenting it all properly. They even have some detailer line products which is fantastic.

Comment

^^ Couldn't agree more. Autobarn have a far better range & presentation.
          Supercheap varies from ok to poor depending on which store and when you go.
          I still like Meguiars (Motor Active) in Silverwater the best though...
          Originally posted by Blueline
          I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Davey,

Can you just walk in to motoractive can you? is it cheaper then going to autobarn or supercheap? do they carry more of the deailer line?

Thanks in advance buddy

Regards blake

Comment

Originally posted by buddy89 View Post
              Davey,

Can you just walk in to motoractive can you? is it cheaper then going to autobarn or supercheap? do they carry more of the deailer line?

Thanks in advance buddy

Regards blake
              Yes, you can walk into MotorActive. They have a bit of a shop at their HQ in Silverwater.

They have the best Meguiars range you'll find, as they are the importers and distributors of Meguiars in Australia.

They carry the WHOLE Megs range (well, everything you can get in Australia anyway).

Prices are about on par or a bit cheaper than the retail stores. Ask for Peter or Nathan - both very helpful.
              I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Ahh lovely, thanks mate, might have to check it out this week sometime... thanks again davey

Comment

I suggest you order online from US.

Here in Australia prices are double then in US.

I buy everything from US, bike tires, filters, oils, helmets, bike exhausts, jackets. All my friends do the same.

Comment

yeah i like ordering from the us cause they have the full range but freighting costs are killers... any ideas on getting around that?? lol

Comment

Hi friends i just need a confirmation.
                      After applying some amateur products i have purchased M26 and Meg foam ped also have some other brand microfiber peds and clothes for my red colour Seat ibiza 2009.

1.Wash & dry
                      2.Apply thin layers of M26 on small areas.
                      3.Wipe after 5 minutes (the weather is 28-32 Celsius degree)

would you recommend any detail ?

cheers

2012 Nissan Micra 1.2 Cvt
                      2011 Renault Fluence Edc Turbo diesel 1.5
                      2009 SEAT Ibiza 1.2

Comment

Originally posted by YUSUF_1977 View Post
                        Hi friends i just need a confirmation.
                        After applying some amateur products i have purchased M26 and Meg foam ped also have some other brand microfiber peds and clothes for my red colour Seat ibiza 2009.

1.Wash & dry
                        2.Apply thin layers of M26 on small areas.
                        3.Wipe after 5 minutes (the weather is 28-32 Celsius degree)

would you recommend any detail ?

cheers

I think you'll need to wait longer than 5 inutes before final wipe. It won't have fully cured by then.
                        As a minimum, apply the wax to the entire vehicle, then go back and wipe off. The wax should have cured by then.

Also, you may want to do some correction/polishing before the wax.

Comment

thanx davey. ı wonder how it looks tomorrow i ll do the job and get some pictures out here.
                          2009 SEAT Ibiza 1.2

Comment

Hi mates

yesterday i have applied the M26 by hand and here are the results:
                            • very very easy to apply and very easy to wipe off.
                            • the colour is really deeper after applying.now i understand
                            • the perfect results come with the correct amount but even if you put more then needed it is not hard to wipe off.
                            and here are the questions :
                            • i decided not to wait more then 10 minutes first time to wipe off because of my previous bad other brand hard wax experiences i wonder the correct waiting time applying by hand.although it is astonishing i wonder if it looks better and better by waiting longer.any comments?
                            • how long should i wait to apply again?
                            • while applying i have noticed some tar spots.now they are under M26 i suppose .is it possible to clean it after applying M26 and which product is adequate on (proffessional products)
                            thanks to meguiars a lot supplying these products as they are the best i ve ever seen.
                            2009 SEAT Ibiza 1.2

Comment

Originally posted by YUSUF_1977 View Post
                              Hi mates

yesterday i have applied the M26 by hand and here are the results:
                              • very very easy to apply and very easy to wipe off.
                              • the colour is really deeper after applying.now i understand
                              • the perfect results come with the correct amount but even if you put more then needed it is not hard to wipe off.
                              and here are the questions :
                              • i decided not to wait more then 10 minutes first time to wipe off because of my previous bad other brand hard wax experiences i wonder the correct waiting time applying by hand.although it is astonishing i wonder if it looks better and better by waiting longer.any comments?
                              • how long should i wait to apply again?
                              • while applying i have noticed some tar spots.now they are under M26 i suppose .is it possible to clean it after applying M26 and which product is adequate on (proffessional products)
                              thanks to meguiars a lot supplying these products as they are the best i ve ever seen.
                              Glad you liked the results.

1. You may not notice a difference in appearance at first but waiting the appropriate time before wipe-off will affect how long that shine will last. i.e. the wax will have enough time to cure/bond to the paint and so be more durable. Don't worry about leaving it too long before wipe-off. I'm not sure what the climate is like in your part of the world, but here, in 10 deg.C to 35 deg.C temperatures, I usually let my wax cure between 12-24 hrs before wiping off! In other words, I often apply the wax the night before and then wipe off the next day. (BTW, this method is best suited to working in a garage. I wouldn't try it if you're working outside, since dust will contaminate your wax coating).

2. That's the million dollar question, with no clear answer. But this thread should help: http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sho...ht=squeak+test

3. I would try Meguiars clay kit on those tar spots, as a start http://www.meguiars.com/?auto-detail...rface-Clay-Kit. Failing that, try Meguiars Body Solvent http://www.meguiars.com/?detailer-solvents/Body-Solvent or even Gold Class Bug & Tar Remover http://www.meguiars.com/?car-mainten...---Tar-Remover Just remember, as a minimum, you'll need to re-apply wax to those areas where you've removed the tar spots, because you'll also have removed the wax.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');