• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to clean rubber seals/gaskets under body pieces?(explanation inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to clean rubber seals/gaskets under body pieces?(explanation inside)

The pieces I'm talking about are the little seals gaskets that are underneath some body pieces, for example, on mustangs the small piece under the plastic cover for the antenna, or on BMW 3 series, underneath the door handles they have rubber gaskets between the handle and the door body. I've had some luck with #39 and a toothbrush or nylon bristled detailing brush, but it usually doesn't clean them very well, and I usually end up with scratches(not deep, they are similar to cobwebs/washing marks only directional from the bristles) that I end up having to polish out. Anyone got any advice how to clean these areas?
    I want 4" Softbuff pads!

Probably the best way to thoroughly clean these area and then clean, condition or protect any of the component surfaces is to disassemble the component from the car.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
      Probably the best way to thoroughly clean these area and then clean, condition or protect any of the component surfaces is to disassemble the component from the car.

Mike
      Thats what I was afriad of On my car it's easy enough, but I don't know how customers would feel about me taking off door panels and such to get to some of these parts I guess I could always explain to them their options and let them choose. Thanks for the advice though
      I want 4" Softbuff pads!

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');