• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for Feedback on Biz Cards and Price Sheet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Feedback on Biz Cards and Price Sheet

Hi MOL Crew,

I am about to start a side detailing biz and would like some feedback before I go forth. Let me know what you think

BIZ CARD:

Re: Looking for Feedback on Biz Cards and Price Sheet

Your prices are so low that I wouldn't bother with cards. You will be out of business soon.

You prices should be at the very minimum double what they are.
    Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

I was just basing them of other local competition. Such as:

This is just trying to monetize my hobby at the moment

Comment

Answer this question, Why would I go to you over the other guy? The price is the same so????

Also, nobody cares about eco anything. We are eco friendly, nobody cares. OK maybe that one lady but that was it.

Figure out who your market is and adjust your services and pricing accordingly.

The low price guys don't make money unless they are doing super high volume.

If your a part timer specialize on very good work at a higher price so you will attract those that really care about their vehicles and not price.
        Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

I would change "take some pride in your ride" to "take pride in your ride". That's if you decide to keep the slogan. I personally dislike most slogans. I see no need for the word "some". It insinuates that the client currently takes "no pride" in their ride. If that's the case, they likely aren't going to hire a detailer.

The TA on your logo really jumps out, so that is where your eyes are first drawn. Your eyes then have to scan up an left to figure out what it is you do. By then, I've probably thrown the brochure in the garbage. Try to think of the front of the brochure like a billboard on the side of the highway. Make sure the message is delivered within 1-2 seconds (with minimal effort). If you were to keep the TA put the detailing on the right and lower down. This would be a more natural flow for the eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine View Post
            Answer this question, Why would I go to you over the other guy? The price is the same so????

Also, nobody cares about eco anything. We are eco friendly, nobody cares. OK maybe that one lady but that was it.

Figure out who your market is and adjust your services and pricing accordingly.

The low price guys don't make money unless they are doing super high volume.

If your a part timer specialize on very good work at a higher price so you will attract those that really care about their vehicles and not price.
            Darn good advice.

One edge you have over the low priced competition is that you do it because you enjoy it, not because it's your primary income. As such you will work harder to deliver quality results that will not only surpass your customer's expectations, but your own high(er) standards. Find a way to communicate that and the rest will follow.

Comment

I agee with Superior Shine on your prices as well. You should set your prices higher for sure. It will be difficult to raise them later and keep the same clients you started with. Make sense?

Also, I noticed that you have one price for most of your services. Does that mean if I drive an Excursion and my wife drives a Civic that we will be charged the same price for both vehicles? Seems like you could really overwork and underpay yourself doing that.

I personally like to provide my customers with a price list because they will be able to see roughly what they are going to be charged for each service, however, I put "Pricing starting at..." before each group. Another thing I do is break my prices into size classifications such as small, medium, and large. This just seems to work best for me.

I am fairly new at this charging people thing too so I am learning right along with you. These are just some things that have helped me so far so hopefully this helps.

I think one of the best things to do is pay attention to the people on here who have a successful detailing business. THEY HAVE THAT SUCCESS FOR A REASON.

Best of luck to you.

Bob
              Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Comment

Before people tell him to raise his prices, has anyone done any research on his market area? Do they know the median income? Do they know what people in his area are willing to pay for detailing services? I would venture to say the answer to all of those questions is a resounding NO.

Just because you can charge more than him in the area you service doesn't mean he can charge more in his area. I would rather have work at his prices than no work because you've priced your services too high for the area.

Colin
                A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Originally posted by cnfowler View Post
                  Before people tell him to raise his prices, has anyone done any research on his market area? Do they know the median income? Do they know what people in his area are willing to pay for detailing services? I would venture to say the answer to all of those questions is a resounding NO.

Just because you can charge more than him in the area you service doesn't mean he can charge more in his area. I would rather have work at his prices than no work because you've priced your services too high for the area.

Colin
                  Very good points Colin. If this is just to supplement his income. He did his research to come up with these prices. The only advice I would offer is this. Get the whole range of prices. From high to low. Then position your prices in the middle. Then go from there.
                  quality creates its own demand

Comment

Good advice so far, and remember, you can always lower your prices but it's really hard to raise them when you've got customers used to the low price. Did you keep in mind hours spent/service and how much you want to make per hour? Also materials involved/service? That helps with a starting point sometimes.
                    Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Rthario View Post
                      I agee with Superior Shine on your prices as well. You should set your prices higher for sure. It will be difficult to raise them later and keep the same clients you started with. Make sense?

Also, I noticed that you have one price for most of your services. Does that mean if I drive an Excursion and my wife drives a Civic that we will be charged the same price for both vehicles? Seems like you could really overwork and underpay yourself doing that.

I personally like to provide my customers with a price list because they will be able to see roughly what they are going to be charged for each service, however, I put "Pricing starting at..." before each group. Another thing I do is break my prices into size classifications such as small, medium, and large. This just seems to work best for me.

I am fairly new at this charging people thing too so I am learning right along with you. These are just some things that have helped me so far so hopefully this helps.

I think one of the best things to do is pay attention to the people on here who have a successful detailing business. THEY HAVE THAT SUCCESS FOR A REASON.

Best of luck to you.

Bob
                      Thanks Bob,

I have a disclaimer in the lower right hand corner explaining this.

Please note that these prices reflect a small to mid-sized vehicle in average condition. Large trucks, SUVs, and vans are priced accordingly.

Vehicles in poor condition maybe subject to a surcharge.

Comment

The text in your packages, it says wash and dry "rims, ..."

It should say wash and dry "vehicles, including rims..."

I like the look of you card and web site. I will defer to others on the issue of prices.

Comment

^^ did I miss the link to his website Mary?
                          Don
                          "In the game of life, I have no need for tickets on the 50-yard line, I brought my shoes, I came to play." unknown

http://www.facebook.com/pages/OC-Det...7770507?v=wall

Comment

Originally posted by gto_don View Post
                            ^^ did I miss the link to his website Mary?
                            The packages are at the bottom of his post.

One thing, the disclaimer about the size of the vehicle could be interpreted as fine print. It might be better to put a range depending on vehicle size, or at least you should put an asterisk (*) by the prices to refer the customer to that disclaimer.

The same with extra soiled condition. One solution is that you would only offer the express detail services (mainly just wash or wash and wax, vacuum and spot cleaning interior) to customers who have had a complete detail with you before and whose car you are maintaining. Otherwise, $20 for a complete had wash and dry is going to be way way too low, if you have tar and bugs and grime on the paint and excessive brake dust and grime on the wheels.

So I would have a package that includes complete paint correction and thorough cleaning and protecting inside and out (including carpets). Remember, you can give just a price range, and use an asterisk (*) if the price may be higher due to condition.

The other thing I was going to say is, if paint correction is something you want to feature as part of your detailing, which I think you should since it is the most dramatic permanent improvement you can make with the vehicle, it should not just be offered as an a la cart item at the right but work it into a total vehicle packages, as I mentioned above, and also offer menus that don't include it, such as the one you now call the Works. This is also where you can showcase some of the cars you have done with pictures that should "wow" the potential customer.

Remember, the finished job is going to be a source of future customer referrals. You want the opportunity to "wow" the customer's friends as well as the customer.

Comment

While I agree your prices seem low, work for what you CAN work for. If you double your prices, you may lose a lot of business because you are overpriced and "underqualified". I say that in quotation marks because to others you may seem, as you stated yourself, a hobbyist. We all have to start from somewhere.

I agree on losing the eco-friendly ****. When it comes to car-washes, no one cares about eco-friendly except for the one ignorant customer driving a prius. Especially lose the tacky green car.

Also, I would add "auto" before "detailing by" on your card front. No one will know what just detailing is unless they look it up. While your designs are sleek, modern, and attractive, where's the eye appeal? What makes me want to pick up your flyer?

I'm not saying I hate any of your design work, in fact from a hobbyist graphic designer's point of view, it's very attractive and applicable to current style. I think you just need a little more flair.

BTW, that website you posted is an example of bad marketing, poor communication to the customer, and overall tackyness.
                              www.idetailautopros.com
                              iDetail Professional Automotive Detailing

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');