• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Backing plate for 4 inch pad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backing plate for 4 inch pad?

I'm using the 4 inch pads with great success but the backing plates are another story. Does Megs make a plate for use with the DA? Can't seem to find it. So far a 3" plate from ADS melted and a 3 1/2" urethane plate I don't like as it is to big and the edge is cutting into the pads when compressed. Any recommendations? Would like a 3 inch for safety with the edges, Thanks.
    Guy
    01 Mustang GT

Re: Backing plate for 4 inch pad?

The S3BP: Meguiar's Professional 3" Backing Plate

Comment

I missed that somehow, Thought it was for sanding disks only, Thanks, It's on it's way!
      Guy
      01 Mustang GT

Comment

I use this one for my 4" pads: http://www.autodetailingsolutions.ne...ing-plate.html
        Shane
        1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

I have that one currently and do not care for it. I find the knife edge with the Velcro is cutting into my pads under pressure and it also cut into my plastic rocker panel leaving a nice gouge . Oh well, at least it's hard to notice but it happened so quickly. I guess you have to break some eggs to make an omelet.
          Guy
          01 Mustang GT

Comment

Did you try this one? Seems to fit well from the photo

Comment

I had that backing plate but not much luck with it, the adapter was stipping out and it melted under heavy use.I am going to try this one
              The S3BP: Meguiar's Professional 3" Backing Plate
              Guy
              01 Mustang GT

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');