• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"brushed aluminum" plastic interior pieces?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "brushed aluminum" plastic interior pieces?

My Baja has some "brushed aluminum" looking plastic pieces, I'm wondering what to use to clean them up. Typical trim cleaners seem to leave a film, since these pieces don't absorb like regular dash plastic would....

This month you will be able to order Meguiar's New Quick Interrior Detailer Mist & Wipe.

"The fastest way to clean, shine and protect all interior surfaces, Meguiar’s Quik Detailer Interior maintains the look and feel of interior plastic, vinyl, leather, rubber, metal and Audio/Video equipment. The safe, high lubricity formula lifts off dirt, grime, spills, and fingerprints without build up. Nano chemistry offers the maximum UVA/UVB protection which helps prevent fading and cracking."

G13616 16 oz Spray
    Suggested retail price $4.99

Lynn Matthews

Comment

Well

Until the interior cleaner comes out from meguiars I like to use a microfiber and some water with a pinch of vinegar. You can use the Meguiars metal polish but apply it evenly so It dosen't streak. This is a harder surface to clean so give it a lot of time.
      jeff
      JB's Executive Detailing "Protecting your investment"

Comment

Hey,

Do you have a photo so we can see what the trim looks like?

If it is plastic with the look of brushed aluminum, I assume that it has a smooth plastic looking surface. If so, I would suggest you use Meguiar's PlastX. Since it is not metal, I would advise against using a metal polish. Instead, take some PlastX on a quality MF towel. Really work it into the surface until the light blue color product turns almost clear. Then remove with another quality MF towel.

Please keep us posted!!

Tim
        Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

It looks basically like this, although my wheel is one color..

Comment

Hey,

Thanks for the picture!

That trim does look like the plastic trim that resembles brushed aluminum. When you get close to it, does it feel smooth or can you feel the brush marks. I would bet it is smooth. If so, I would still use the PlastX as I mentioned in the previous post.

Cheers!

Tim

Comment

Hey Tim

Tim I did it on the real metal not the plastic. I dont have any pictures because it was on a customers car!
              Jeff
              JB's Executive Detailing "Protecting your investment"

Comment

Hi Jeff,

I am sure your job turned out just fine. We just have to be careful as some trim is actually metal and some is plastic. Some trim is so close that it is really hard to tell the difference!

Tim

Comment

This is definately plastic. It feels smooth. I tried the interior QD, which works good for taking of surface dirt. There are some spots on it that I can't tell if they are discolorations that I can't fix, or if they might come off....It's hard being obessive with the DD. The show car is much easier to keep clean & pretty! I've got the floor mats hanging off my dining room chairs to dry right now, I hate wet floors!!

Comment

Hey electricgreen

Try the PlastX. I have a feeling you will like the results!!

Tim

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');