• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Protective Gloves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protective Gloves

Hi:

Plan to start wearing a glove to protect my hand from some of the chemicals that I use during detailing.

Looking for some type of disposable glove that will not easily rip.

I tried some latex gloves; they did not fit well and were very hot. Must be some thing that works better.

Any suggestions.

Thanks,

KTruck
    Make it Shine

You might try vinyl gloves instead. They kind of just slip on rather than squeeze to your hands. You will loose some of the feel with them, but they work fine for detailing jobs.
    Later,
    Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
    Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by Rick
      You might try vinyl gloves instead. They kind of just slip on rather than squeeze to your hands. You will loose some of the feel with them, but they work fine for detailing jobs.

They work well I also use some mechanics gloves from time to time.
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I found a great pair of gloves at my local Ace Hardware. They are called "warehouse" gloves and the glove face is nitrile while the backing is a nylon mesh. They offer some breathability while protecting the hands from chemicals. The only thing they will not work on is a total immersion due to the mesh. I think they were about $7.00 and I've used them for 4+ months.
        Card carrying Wax-aholic

Comment

Ewww! I may have to check those out. Nitrile is highly chemical resistant.
          Later,
          Ricky

Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

Rick: the Logo on the Glove is: Atlas 370

The nitrile is far more rugged for chemicals than latex. The biggest feature I've found is your hands don't sweat as much due to the breathability of the mesh back.

Totoland Mach
            Card carrying Wax-aholic

Comment

Rick (again): here is a link to the gloves http://www.lfsinc.com/atlasgloves/industrial.htm

Shopping around, they can be purchased for about $3 - $5 per pair.

They even make a cold weather type.
              Card carrying Wax-aholic

Comment

Sweet, thankyou for the link.
                Later,
                Ricky

Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

Im a big beliver in nitrle gloves too thats what i use To do my detailing and to clean my paint spray gun out with laqcuer thinner they get a bit weaker but there still much harder to rip and tear.

Comment

I wear gloves on nearly a daily basis as I work within the environmental field. I'm constantly in contact with some ultra-nasty chemicals like xylene, ethylbenzene, and other gasoline constituents. Nothing but nitrile for my hands!

We typically utilize an environmental supply house for our stash but, you might consider becoming friends with your local 'mom and pop' drug store. Odds are that they can get them by the case for you and you will reap the rewards of bulk purchasing and also help out the smaller local drug store (which are a dying breed).

RP
                    -The Final Detail-
                    Lagrange, Kentucky
                    thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
                    CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

Might want to try a set of MICRO Fiber Gloves....They work Sweet!

Comment

Re: Protective Gloves

Nitrle works for me....but don't skimp on the quality...the kind I use will last 3-4 hours of detailing before one rips...I usually go through two pair for each car I do...
                        Bill Poirier
                        West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

I use Diamond Grip gloves, work awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by TKDDAD View Post
                            Nitrle works for me....but don't skimp on the quality...the kind I use will last 3-4 hours of detailing before one rips...I usually go through two pair for each car I do...

Dude, how did you even find this thread? It's 6 1/2 years old!

Greg D.

2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - Imperial Blue
                            2008 Chevy Suburban LT - Black

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');