• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waxing Light Colored Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waxing Light Colored Cars

Hey guys! Quick question. Just started getting into detailing and this forum has been extremely helpful. I have two cars, a 2001 Lexus IS300 in silver and a 2002 Honda Civic in red (the wife's). I recently washed, clayed and waxed both of the cars with GC wash, Clay Kit and some NXT 2.0. This is all done by hand. I did my wife's car first and it turned out wonderful. However, when I moved to my car I couldn't tell if I had applied any wax because of the silver color! I ended up putting too thick of a coat because I couldn't tell if it was going on at all. Is there a trick to this so, I don't over do it? Please advise!

Re: Waxing Light Colored Cars

Do it in the shade and look at the reflections. Thats how I do it
    Hello, I am Isaac

Comment

Have good lighting. I use a Brinkmann Duel Xenon. Not only is it a great swirl finder. On the light color cars it allows you to see were you have already waxed.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Until you get that Brinkmann, look along the panel at a very shallow angle. It often is easier to see what you have covered than at a more straight on angle.

Comment

Thanks for the tips! I've got one on order.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');