• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aniline Leather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aniline Leather

I'm new here and been doing quiet a bit of searching and reading. My name is Brian.

Anyway, I have a new Lexus Cross over to clean up in the coming days and one of the main concern of the owner is her Aniline leather. She is looking to condition it (it's new and opted out of the dealer treatment)

I'm mainly looking for a conditioner/something to keep it water/stain proof.

Also, what product would be great to use as a stain remover on this kind of leather in case the situation arises she will have a bottle of it. (i'm buying it for her and she will reimburse me.)

Thank you for your help.
    Brian's Custom Detailing
    Where detail matters.
    www.brianscustomdetailing.com

Re: Aniline Leather

If it is aniline leather, you need to be very careful, because it doesn't have the coating that they usually put on car leather to protect it, and you should probably avoid most of the products made for car leather. Leather Masters protection cream

Detailer's Domain is a premium car care studio and reseller of premium car care products. We offer new car preparation, paint correction, ceramic coating, and paint protection film (aka clear film). Detailer's Domain also is an authorized reseller of Nanolex, Fictech, Gyeon, Sonax, Nextzett, Xpel, Oberk, Rupes, Jescar, Aenso, and more. Detailer’s Domain’s mission is to provide customers with the best possible product and service for our automotive car care needs.

should be okay for this kind of leather, but keep in mind the first use it might darken it some, but you do want to protect this leather.

Leather Masters also has a cleaner.

I'd be a little nervous dealing with this. You might be best just recommending the product to her.

I have a semianiline sofa and I protected it with Leather Masters and it did darken it a little. I also have done some stupid things to the leather to discolor it. You have to be really careful with it.

Hopefully a leather expert can help you more on this.

Comment

Thank you for the quick response. I've been researching this extensively and came across PURE as the conditioner. It's made for aniline and Nubuck apparently. I'm aware how easy it is to screw up and the customer is aware as well.
      Brian's Custom Detailing
      Where detail matters.

Comment

What model Lexus is it?

Colin
        A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

RX350 luxury model.
          Brian's Custom Detailing
          Where detail matters.

Comment

Thanks.

Colin
            A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');