• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just for Fun!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not to sure about the paint thickness but usually well built appliances use epoxy paint

Comment

Tim,

Some very basic question:

If I use the W4000 wool pad with the rotary to DACP some light scratches, (i don't know what do I call very deep swirls, so I just call them light scratches), will the process instill buffing marks or some light swirls? If so, do I need to follow it up with W8000 polishing pad and either #83 or #80? I have never used the wool pad since I'm of the impression that wools instill light swirls or marring. In this case, would #80 on a W8000 pad remove this minor defect left by the wool pad?

If this doesn't get answered, I'll try to start another thread...
      I wash and wash my car until the whole thing disappeared!

Comment

Hey,

Using a wool pad will most often lead to some swirls and/or holograms. These will need to be buffed out using a less aggressive pad like the W-8006/W-8000 Polishing Pad and a product like #83 DACP. Depending on how hard/soft your paint is, will determine if you could use #80 Speed Glaze and a W-8006 pad to remove the swirling caused by the wool pad or if you will need #83.

Does that help?

Tim
        Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Thank You very very much! Exact answers!
          I wash and wash my car until the whole thing disappeared!

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');