• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Air compressor for cleaning dust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air compressor for cleaning dust

I just got a Craftsman 15 gallon air compressor for Christmas and it works great for cleaning the dust out of the vents and crevices in the car. Just wanted to let everyone know because I just tried it out the other day and it works perfectly. I know that there are many brushes are available to do this too but it works great as a supplement. I think using them both at the same time gives great results on the interior.
    Jason
    2004 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Dear Jason

I have a 25 gal. speedaire and I use all the time for cleaning my interior. I mainly use it for quick spruce ups or to blow out vents. the advantage of it is that you can spray dressing into little cracks and you can blow it out. I think a well equiped shop has to have a commpressor and it sounds like you purchased a nice one. I even use it under the hood to blow out water.
    Jeff
    JB's Executive Detailing "Protecting your investment"

Comment

On the interior... Nice tip, never thought of using my compressor to blow out cracks and vents.
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

one tip though...keep it away from your radio unit, as I have had other cars where I used air and dust actually showed up on the inside of the glass.....but for all the other parts of the interior, it is the BEST way to deep clean....I usually vacuum real good and dust, then I get the blower and hit the vents, crevices where two interior parts meet, along the door sill and seats (where your vacuum nozzle won't reach, and the seats anc carpet too....then I re-vacuum quickly and re-dust....it really "finishes" the finishing touches on a detail....but just keep it away from the radio....that's all.....Kelly

Comment

...and if you're ever a little strapped for cash....
          Just get some of those little cans of compressed air.

Comment

Thats what I use. Just don't hold down the button too long or you will freeze your hand to the can.
            MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

Re: Air compressor for cleaning dust

Everything is Okey but you don't the name of your air compressor and the way of finding the tools.
              Would you tell me that,please ?

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');