• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "best" wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The "best" wax?

Originally posted by akimel View Post
    Who ratted me out? I did have to sell my children into slavery but it was worth it. My car sure looks good.

Actually, I did once dress Luthien in Zymol Vintage. I think (I emphasize, I think) I saw a subtle difference, though that difference may well have been caused by the jeweling done by Dan Wendell. In any case, my "Honda" looked great in Vintage ... but she also looks great in every wax I have used.

My favorite waxes for Luthien (excluding Vintage) are: Souveran, Fuzion, and Harly Wax. At the moment she is dressed in Blackfire Wet Diamond topped by Midnight Sun. Gorgeous! As you can see, I'm a wax addict. But I think the economy has brought me to the edge of selling off some of these pots of wax sitting on my shelf. No man needs all these waxes for just two cars. I got a bit carried away ...
    I got seduced by the lure of a boutique wax yesterday and am kicking myself for it. The thing is, I already have one, and I know it doesn't outperform #26, and I had sworn that would be my last, especially since 7 ounces seems like a lifetime supply. And there were two 3-ounce jars in a kit at a price I couldn't refuse. The thing is there were so many other things I really needed that I could have spent that money on, and I really didn't need (maybe wanted) the other things in the kit. And now I have 2 lifetime supplies of boutique wax, in addition to about every wax and sealant that Meguiar's makes. Is there a boutique wax anonymous 12-step program somewhere?

Comment

I swear sometimes all these detailing products are like a "fix". We cant walk thru the detailing section of a department store without perusing for at least an hour and picking up this and that to try out. Ultimately we end up with shelves full of stuff. We need to get it under control, especially since Meguiar's makes at least six versions of every product!
      I'm hooked!

Comment

I am not hooked at all, I just buy what I need.
        Nick
        Tucker's Detailing Services
        815-954-0773
        2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

I have always been one who wants to try out everything, from products to equipment to accessories. How do you know you are using the best if you have not tried them all?
          Ultimately I end up settling with what I like the most, but that can take quite some time.

Comment

Originally posted by Expertcarpetcare View Post
            I have always been one who wants to try out everything, from products to equipment to accessories. How do you know you are using the best if you have not tried them all?
            Ultimately I end up settling with what I like the most, but that can take quite some time.
            Me too, I just love to test things, products, tools, you name it. Plus since I anticipate I will be doing other people's cars at some, if you buy everything you anticipate you might need in any situation, there is no limit on what you can spend. Fortunately I don't have an unlimited budget, and now I feel I have outspent myself for at least until the end of this month.

Comment

I swear sometimes all these detailing products are like a "fix". We cant walk thru the detailing section of a department store without perusing for at least an hour and picking up this and that to try out. Ultimately we end up with shelves full of stuff. We need to get it under control, especially since Meguiar's makes at least six versions of every product!
              I'm hooked!
              I thought I was the only one!
              2011 Ford Mustang GT Cali Special
              2012 Kia Sorento EX

Comment

Feels familiar. This curiosity will leave you broke at the end lol I personally think each wax has its own value: price, packaging, ease-of-use, gloss, clarity, depth, etc., etc. Find what you're looking for in a wax, set a budget and spent wisely. Oh don't forget to invest in that prep stage, otherwise that money that you spent on wax won't be worthwhile Happy detailing :

Comment

Originally posted by nothelle View Post
                  I personally think each wax has its own value: price, packaging, ease-of-use, gloss, clarity, depth, etc.
                  One of the biggest differences I have seen in some of the boutique waxes and sealants is that some of them are wipe on-wipe off, so they would be easier and quicker to apply in that sense. But then, they take 8 to 12 hours to "cure," i.e., no driving in rain, no putting another product on top of it. So probably not good for professional detail in most cases.

And I thought I read in someone's description that it could be applied in the sun, although I don't remember which product that was, and that would be a good thing.

To see the difference between the effects of the products, I don't think you can see it close up at all. It is probably easiest to see at least 5 or 10 feet away, looking at the reflections at almost a tangent to the surface, at an angle where you would see reflections but not swirls. That's when you could see the optics of what the product does.

Comment

Originally posted by akimel View Post
                    I recently purchased Zymol Royale for a measly $8,416. It makes my car look better than ever other car in the known and unknown universe. I don't need to polish my car. I don't even need to wash my car. All I need to do is to apply a coat of Royale and my car is better than yours ... indeed, not only is it better than yours but it's better than everybody's car. And because my car is better than everybody's car (or should it be plural, "cars"?), and because my car is an extension of my self; therefore, I am better than each of you.

Please don't feel too bad. It's just the way the universe has worked things out.

I feel so good now. And you feel so bad. Give up. It doesn't matter how often you wax your cars, friends--my car will always look better than yours and therefore I will will always be better than you. I am Royale!

This may be my all time favorite posting...ever!
                    -Scott

Comment

If you want expensive waxes and can afford it , by all means buy it. You may feel better having a wax that most people cant afford.

Comment

I'd have to own a 400k car to even think about buying a wax that cost 1,400 bucks.
                        Question is:
                        What would one benifit in buying such a wax?
                        But hey, some have money to blow.
                        Chief Engineer.
                        My part time job is to maintain my black Toyota!

Comment

Wow I had no idea you could even sell wax for that much money! Some people have too many dollars and not enough cents :p

Seriously though, it'd be nice to be able to spend that much money on something as silly as wax!

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');