• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Professional Series Polishes - Which label is the most current?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Professional Series Polishes - Which label is the most current?

Here's a picture of the popular 80-series polishes for use by hand or DA polisher:

Notice the two on the left (#80 & #81) have a completely different label than the two on the right (#82 & #83). I was just wondering if this is normal and they are supposed to be different, or are two of the bottles from OLD stock and two are much newer? If so which is which.

I kinda like the labelling on the SFP & DACP better as it has the relative numbered scale on the side showing the agressiveness, as well as the product number clearly shown on the front of the bottle.
    Last edited by Inzane; Jan 2, 2005, 11:39 PM.

Hi Inzane,

The label change took place in 1998, I think. I've posted this somewhere on our forum, but I"m not sure where. As long as the products have not frozen and visual inspection shows them to look okay then they should perform just fine.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks for the info Mike. Which of the two label designs is the newer one (just curious)?

Just a point of interest, I just spotted this thread a second ago:

A person with exactly these four products had to ask a question regarding relative agressiveness/abrasive level in relation to each other and I wonder if inconsistent product labelling was a factor in their initial confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Inzane
        Thanks for the info Mike. Which of the two label designs is the newer one (just curious)?
        The label with the scale is the current/newer label.

Just a point of interest, I just spotted this thread a second ago:

A person with exactly these four products had to ask a question regarding relative aggressiveness/abrasive level in relation to each other and I wonder if inconsistent product labeling was a factor in their initial confusion.
        That could be, typically when we institute a label changes it's what is known as a rolling change. This means as the supply of current labels is exhausted, the new label are introduced. Thus products with new labels don't circulate into the market until they are pulled through the pipeline behind existing stock.

I've replied to many questions posted here and on other forums on the aggressiveness, or gentleness of Meguiar's compounds, pant cleaners, cleaner/polishes and cleaner/waxes and I know what everyone wants. They want a definitive list of our products listed in order of their aggressiveness and it's not possible to create a definitive list because their are too many variables besides the product, (chemical), alone to simply list products, 1, 2, 3, etc.

If you like I can locate the thread and post it?

Mike
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Hey,

Just to add to Mike's comments,

If I am not mistaken, and Mike please correct me if I am wrong, but #81 Hand Polish still uses the traditional older label, but the #80, 82 and 83 all use the new labels now.

Tim
          Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford
            Hey,

Just to add to Mike's comments,

If I am not mistaken, and Mike please correct me if I am wrong, but #81 Hand Polish still uses the traditional older label, but the #80, 82 and 83 all use the new labels now.

Tim
            That has been correct in the past. I will check to see if the new labels have worked their way onto current production of Hand Polish.

Mike
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
              The label with the scale is the current/newer label.
              They both have scales... You mean the one with the dude on it, or the non-dude one?
              1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
              2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
              1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

My bottle of #83 has the old label. So does that mean it's 7 years old? Still does seem to work pretty good though. I've had the #83 for about 2 years so it was about 5 years old when I bought it.

All my other bottles, #80, #82 have the new labels, but my #81 still has the old label.

I suppose the application method, rotary, DA or hand affects the aggressiveness too. I always believed that MPPC was more aggressive than Scratch X, but I usually use MPPC with the DA polisher, so I guess that affects my impressions.

RamAirV1
                2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora40
                  They both have scales... You mean the one with the dude on it, or the non-dude one?
                  Hi Aurora40,

Sorry about that, I should have mentioned that the new label is the label with Mike Pennington using the rotary buffer on the label.
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

My #80, #82 and #83 all have the new labels but my #81 has the old...but my gallon of #81 is a couple years old now.

In addition to what Mike said about the abrasive scale, pad choice and application method also make a difference.
                    Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');