• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would wet sanding and DA polisher work on this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would wet sanding and DA polisher work on this?

Hi

I don't even want to really say how this happened, but I guess I will.

Friend and I tried to install clear bra, and then I tried to remove some bubbles with a syringe.

It put scratches all over at least a 13 inch square section of my hood.

I am attaching a picture.

I tried 105 on this with DA polisher, but it did nothing as you can see some of them are like a little deep, in that you can feel them. They are tiny though.

However, could I wet sand and then use M105 to clean that up, or is it risky and could make the hood even worse?

Thanks

Re: Would wet sanding and DA polisher work on this?

Hey Steve, so you did install the clear bra.

Since ive never worked on one i cant tell you how to do it. But IMO i dont think wetsanding its something you would like to do.

Can you see those things from far away or just when you get up close to it? If so leave it like that.

Only us, as detailers, look at paint really close

Ryan
    Ryan's Auto Detailing, S.A
    Mobile Auto Detailing Company.
    Dominican Republic.

Passion for Detailing, do it with love.

Comment

I have to agree. I do not think wet sanding is a viable option. I think you are going to have to live with it, as is.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
        I have to agree. I do not think wet sanding is a viable option. I think you are going to have to live with it, as is.
        Thanks. Well, I can't live with it. I'll have to get the hood repainted.

Most of them are still black, it's just the indentations that show up, so I thought wet sanding could work, but I guess not.

Thanks for saving me time and the cost of the sand paper.

Comment

If you're going to have it re-painted anyhow, this would be a golden opportunity for you to experiment with wetsanding, seeing as you will not be causing any permanent damage, as you are just going to re-paint the hood.

Comment

Originally posted by Fly Bye View Post

If you're going to have it re-painted anyhow, this would be a golden opportunity for you to experiment with wetsanding, seeing as you will not be causing any permanent damage, as you are just going to re-paint the hood.

Good point. I could do this the day before the appointment for the hood I suppose.

Thanks!

Comment

Go get some practice on that and let us know how it went.

Maybe PlastX would do a good job on the fine sanding marks? wouldnt it?

Best wishes Steve,

Ryan
              Ryan's Auto Detailing, S.A
              Mobile Auto Detailing Company.
              Dominican Republic.

Passion for Detailing, do it with love.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');