• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Protecting new vinyl tonneau cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protecting new vinyl tonneau cover

Hey guys, just bought a new vinyl tonneau cover for the truck. It says to use a water base vinyl protectant and I know Meguiars offers a few of these items. What is the best one for cleaning and getting a good deep shine?

Re: Protecting new vinyl tonneau cover

Water based would be Hyper Dressing I suppose.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I would go with M40.

I used it here:

Nick
      Tucker's Detailing Services
      815-954-0773
      2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Both are excellent choices. Just have to be careful. The water base dressing could run down the sides after it gets really wet.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Yeah, I know all about it running down the side of the bed after a nice rain. I experienced that as well with my old tonneau cover. I used to use armor all on that but I didn't care because the cover was old. I just want to use something better to keep this cover looking new as long as possible.

Comment

what about ultimate protectant???
            Zach Hall

2001.5 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel - DD/Tow rig
            1983 Chevy C10 - Race/Show rig
            1939 Dodge D11 Luxury Liner Deluxe - Antique resto. project

Comment

Hi Carbo,

What brand of tonneau did you treat your truck to?

I personally have a Roll-n-Lock on my '09 Sierra, very handy. It came with a cleaning and conditioning kit about the size of my thumb :-)
              I'm getting some M40 soon.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bandit Bill View Post
                Hi Carbo,

What brand of tonneau did you treat your truck to?

I personally have a Roll-n-Lock on my '09 Sierra, very handy. It came with a cleaning and conditioning kit about the size of my thumb :-)
                I'm getting some M40 soon.

Bill
                Hey Bill,

I bought the Access Vanish Lo-Pro for my 1999 GMC Sierra. It sits only a half an inch above the bed rail. But the biggest reason I bought it, aside from the fact that my old one was rotted and had snaps, it is all integrated. No bows, no snaps. You just unlatch it at the tailgate and roll it up. It's secured down by being taught and velcro. Very nice and very slick.

Comment

Another Vote for M40!

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
                  Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbo View Post
                    Hey Bill,

I bought the Access Vanish Lo-Pro for my 1999 GMC Sierra. It sits only a half an inch above the bed rail. But the biggest reason I bought it, aside from the fact that my old one was rotted and had snaps, it is all integrated. No bows, no snaps. You just unlatch it at the tailgate and roll it up. It's secured down by being taught and velcro. Very nice and very slick.
                    Do you have any pics?

There was this ultra thin aluminum model I was going to order out of the States, if can remember the name, I'll post some pics.

Comment

Do you have any pics?

There was this ultra thin aluminum model I was going to order out of the States, if can remember the name, I'll post some pics.
                      Sorry Bill I don't. My wife has an IPhone that we use to take photos, but they don't come out very clear. You can get onto Autoanything.com (where I bought it from) and see a lot of photos there. They show different angles and how it works.

Comment

Sorry Bill I don't. My wife has an IPhone that we use to take photos, but they don't come out very clear. You can get onto Autoanything.com (where I bought it from) and see a lot of photos there. They show different angles and how it works.

This bad boy... NICE!!!

p.s. iPhone 4 just came out. Maybe you can talk the wife into letting you have one.

Carbo: Hey babe... did you here, the new iPhone 4.0 just came out.
                        Wife: You just bought a Tonneau cover, don't even think about it.

Comment

This bad boy... NICE!!!

p.s. iPhone 4 just came out. Maybe you can talk the wife into letting you have one.

Carbo: Hey babe... did you here, the new iPhone 4.0 just came out.
                          Wife: You just bought a Tonneau cover, don't even think about it.

Normally I would say that is true...However, it's my wifes Iphone. But I'm sure she would come up with a reason for me not to buy anymore meguiars products.

Comment

BTW, yes that is the cover. As I said before, very nice!!!! Highly recommend this one.

Comment

Hey guys, just bought a new vinyl tonneau cover for the truck. It says to use a water base vinyl protectant and I know Meguiars offers a few of these items. What is the best one for cleaning and getting a good deep shine?
                              I think I love the one you recommend. With the post of bandit. Nice silverband.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');