• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MB S420 Extreme Makeover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MB S420 Extreme Makeover

This makeover is a teaser as it will take me 4 weeks over the weekends.

This car belongs to a family member I have been called upon for an makeover. Boy I was in for a shock when I picked it.

The car is a Black 2001 MB S420. Hardly gets washed (once per month parked outside)

The car has massive white overspray that clay will not even touch (white clay). The scratches shown is like this all over the entire car.

Process:

Wash -
    Super Soap using the foamer
    APC on wheels

Polish-
    Flex forced directional polisher
    M105 with Lake County cutting pad 6 pass
    Blackfire finishing polish with lake County green polishing pad 3 pass
    M205 with Meguiars yellow polishing pad 3 pass

Wax-
    Techwax

This is the plan after doing a test section. I will post the remaining photos next week as it progress.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Re: MB S420 Extreme Makeover

Can't wait to see the end result, please keep us posted!

Comment

Awesome Mike, can't wait to see it. Have any full before pictures of the car?

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
      Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Looking good. Can't wait to see the full write up.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew C. View Post
          Awesome Mike, can't wait to see it. Have any full before pictures of the car?
          Yes, I will post it next week. The day I did the test spot it was heavy overcast. Can not see much of any defects.
          More photos next week.

The test spot result shown me the Flex met its match when using the foam pad. There are a number of RIDS left when i hit it with the Xenon light. Since, I do not have a Lake County purple wool pad this will be as far as I can go.

Detailing this car reminds me when I decided not to own a black car.

The interior is another makeover job. Trash all over the interior and smells nasty. I was told food was left in the car for over 1 week in the hot sun. The leather is black and should be tan color.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');