• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

no 26 vs new gold class with carnauba

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: no 26 vs new gold class with carnauba

Originally posted by Michael Stoops View Post

meguser2002 actually sums it all up pretty good - from meguser2002's perspective.

Thanks!!
    Been using Meguiars for 16 years. I've tried others here and there, but nothings better than #26 in my book. I get alot of compliments on it.

Comment

I realize that this is an old thread but I've had success topping GCC+ w M26. Gives a nice deep reflective shine but doesn't seem to be as suceptable to fingerprints as GCC+ is alone. (My daughter doesn't understand the full concept of door handles)

Comment

I just got some GCC+, I'm excited to try it out tomorrow.

Comment

I can offer my impressions after years of using both products. I believe that if you want to top a sealant like NXT, #21, UW, etc., you would want to use #26 as I believe GC removes much of the sealant in the process of applying and removing it. GC has more cleaning ability, IME.

I find just the slightest appearance differences between the two with #26 offering more of a darkening effect and GC offering a slightly more reflective look and less darkening. This difference is subtle and only obvious in direct sunlight side-by-side on medium to darker colors. I see it easily on my red MR2. #26 leaves the red glowing while the GC leaves it more reflective. Which is better is a matter of personal preference.

Application and removal is easier with GC.

Durability, no difference I could see.

Protection, again no difference.

If you take the time to go the #7, #26 combo route, then I think the tip of the hat would go to the combo for looks. If you want to skip that extra polishing step, GC is a time saver.

All that said, I still prefer #21 topped with #16 (if you can still find it). This gives me the long life and durability offered by sealants and the better protection from acidic contamination (i.e.bird droppings, acid rain, bugs, etc) of a hard carnauba. If I ever ran out of #16, I'd use #26 as the topper, but #16 is much longer lasting, IME. The #16 appearance is somewhere between the #26 and the GC, a good place to be IMO. This has been my preferred combo for years and I've used every wax and sealant Meguiar's makes. But keep in mind my preferences are just that, mine, and your are likely going to be different.

My preferences in order of importance to me are:
          1. Looks
          2. Looks
          3. Looks
          4. Protection for the paint
          5. Durability

I don't mind reapplying products frequently.(therapeutic) I want my cars to look like they are freshly detailed every day. I don't like driving a dirty car. Even in the winter, I like the cars to look like they just came out of the spray booth and the paint is still wet. To that end, I've taken to using M135 (UQD) and D156 (UQW) daily/weekly.
          Jim
          My Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by jreblackGT View Post
            I realize that this is an old thread but I've had success topping GCC+ w M26. Gives a nice deep reflective shine but doesn't seem to be as suceptable to fingerprints as GCC+ is alone. (My daughter doesn't understand the full concept of door handles)
            It's ok because you helped me out I don't have GC+ but I have the original GC and I do have a bottle of #26 So far I just put on the GC but I might try what you did tomorrow.

Comment

i would use the uc to get the swirls out then a cleaner wax then the gold class found it much easy to remove than nxt 2.0 and it make the black look okay if it had more caranuba it would look better. Make sure you get the chrome 18s to shine if you have them!

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');