• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need recommondation on Polished Aluminum Wheel Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need recommondation on Polished Aluminum Wheel Wax

Hey everyone.

I just got a used set of Centerline Convo Pro's for racing and limited street duty. I got them looking damn good with some Mother's Billet Polish but incase some water and **** gets on them. I want it where I can wash it off or wipe off and keep them clean.

Whats a good Wax/Protectant.

I do have a can of Cleaner Wax from Meguiars, as well as NXT and #26 Hi-Tech.

Have seen post about people using cleaner wax. Will this be considered sufficent protection?? The Pic is Pre-Polish, had water spots and smudges the cleaned up killer.

I did not get any hits in the consumer line forum so I am posting here.

Re: Need recommondation on Polished Aluminum Wheel Wax

I can't personally recommend this because I have never tried it, but Flitz makes products that are a carnauba and beeswax blend that they claim is good for this kind of application.

Comment

Any Wax designated for the paint will not provide protection long due to its inability to withstand extremely temperatures. I suggest putting a coat of NXT 2.0 on them. I also love to use Ultimate Quik Wax too.

Armor All just came out with a designated wheel protectant that is advertised to block all brake dust and grime for up to 4 weeks. It's only 6 dollars at Walmart, you could give it a try as well.

CLICK HERE
      Matt

Comment

Out of the products you have, the NXT would be your best choice, it will stand up to heat, road grime and brake dust the best.

Comment

Sounds good for me, I have a can thats 2/3 done so that works. If I get a chance tonight I will apply some.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');