• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing tuff scratches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing tuff scratches

I bought a black hood from the junk yard and been practicing on that to get more comfortable with my G110V2 D/A.

I tapped of a good scratched 16 x 16 section. After claying I put the d/a on 4 and added some UC on my Yellow Pad. Did 4 slow, heavy pressure passes and saw all the spider swirls completed removed!

All that is left are some scratches. I know some are too deep to remove but others seems to be pretty light and would love to get those out. While I do not have a camera, what would be the next step to remove scratches? How many passes with UC would you need to do before you consider it will not remove the scratches?

Thank you for your time.

Re: Removing tuff scratches

You could bump the speed up to 5 or even 6 (for a short period of time only). Furthermore, you could use a W7*** series cutting pad if only on an isolated area for a short amount of time. In addition, you could try a 4" pad as that will give you the most cut possible with a DA.

You could use as many passes as the product will allow. Opposed to M105, UC gives you a nice long play time on a DA so take your time and make the most of them.

Additionally, you really do not need a practice hood for the G110V2. It is safe enough to take right to your own paint after you open the package. That is what I did and it worked beatifully. I have also been practicing on other people's cars; really anything with paint has been worked on around here .
    Tedrow's Detailing
    845-642-1698
    Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Re: Removing tuff scratches

I'd like to know too, but I do know even if these scratches are too shallow to feel with your fingernails, it would seem like a waste to level the entire panel if these scratches are fairly sparse, relatively speaking, which they are on my car. I would think an isolated approach to removing or reducing deeper scratches would be better.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');