• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaning Plastic Watch Crystal....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning Plastic Watch Crystal....

Hey Guys.

I have an old Tudor watch I wear everyday. Over the weekend I noticed the was getting a little scuffed up from just everyday usage. I did some research on the world wide web and discovered a lot of the older gents clean their plastic crystal with TOOTHPASTE?!?!?!?

It made sense in theory but it was just such an odd suggestion that I had to try it to make sure. To my suprise it actually worked and smelled good in the process too . I instantly regretted not taking before pictures and since I didn't have any of those I thought I would leave the after pictures being it is just a clear watch crystal now. What do you guys think? Have you heard of this before? Any idea of where it might fit into some kind of cut rating ?
    Matt

Re: Cleaning Plastic Watch Crystal....

For a lot of things in the past, toothpaste was a recommended cleaner. It has mild abrasives, and dissolves easily.

Glad it worked out so well on the watch crystal.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');