• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help removing "polish" from Matte Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help removing "polish" from Matte Wheels

I have a set of Vosse CV1 concave wheels. They are finished in a matte silver with a machined face.

This is a bit of a rant but I need to vent. I purchased these wheels brand spanking new, the installer left behind finger prints from the grease and oil on his fingers all over the face and on the matte finish of the wheel which will not come out. (His wheels do not look like that when he installed them on his car)

1) Like a dumbass that I am and not realizing they were a matte finish I used a meguiars wheel polish product which in a sense turned the wheel from a matte silver to a almost white finish.

2) On the machined portion of the wheel It seems as if the clear looks spotty, almost as if the shine is gone. When the wheel is wet the finish on the face looks fine. Once the wheel dry's it looks slightly hazy. I am not sure if that is left over wheel polish or a ruined wheel.

Please help.

Product used:

Meguiars Mag and Aluminum Polish

To attempt to remove the Polish:
    1) Meguiars Ultimate Wash and Wax
    2) Dish Soap
    3) Mothers Ph-balanced wheel cleaner.
    4) Clay Bar w/Quik Detailer.

Re: Help removing "polish" from Matte Wheels

Going to want some pictures if possible for this one.

The matte silver finish is the edge, and cleared? The middle is bare metal?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Re: Help removing "polish" from Matte Wheels

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
      Going to want some pictures if possible for this one.

The matte silver finish is the edge, and cleared? The middle is bare metal?

Correct. Will post up pics so you can see issue.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');