• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Meguiar's Cleaner Wax Remove Light Swirls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Meguiar's Cleaner Wax Remove Light Swirls?

I have a 2008 Silver Honda, and the paint is in excellent condition. At night the car almost seems to glow. However, the other night, I parked near a spotlight in a parking lot. I noticed very light swirl marks on the hood. You can ONLY see it when there is direct light shining on it when it is dark outside.

I am about to wash my car and I have a bottle of cleaner wax laying around that came with the clay kit. Would that work to remove, or lessen the appearance of the swirls? Or should I just not even bother using that?

Re: Will Meguiar's Cleaner Wax Remove Light Swirls?

Highly unlikely. Try SwirlX

Comment

it might (and probably will) visibly lessen them but most likely not actually remove them....but then again hondas do normally have a rather soft paint.

Comment

Go ahead and give the Cleaner Wax a try. It just may be "good enough"... especially on silver.

Tom

Comment

Cleaner Wax will typically remove the hard-to-identify light haze... it's one of those defects you don't realize yo have until you remove it.

In other words, the lightest scratches that cover the entire vehicle from typical washing and drying contact, and once removed, the entire vehicle gains luster and shine.

You will likely need the SwirlX to totally remove it, but the cleaner wax is a great product to throw into the mix from time to time as a maintenance product.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');