• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Boat

I have a 96 boat that is starting to look a little dull, I went to the boat shop and they gave me the meguiar's oxidation removal. I have some vinyl on the boat and was reading on the back of the bottle that you can't use this on vinyl.

I have a small buffing wheel and would like to know the best product I can use to make the boat shine again.

I don't want to get real carried away but I am willing to but some work and time into this ..

Please help, I've never done this before

Re: My Boat

If you follow the directions on the Oxidation removal kit, you should get great results. Depending on how badly oxidized the gelcote is, you may need to do two passes with the cleaner (first step).

For the vinyl, try the #57 vinyl and rubber cleaner and conditioner, works like a charm.

Glenn
    Keep your mast up and your rudder wet !!

Comment

#57 is a good product but i find #39 and apc+ 4:1 to work better, IMO
      www.JEEPGARAGE.org

Comment

I followed the instructions on the oxidation removal and it did a great job. I still have not really spots but white marks that looks like the water has ran down above the molding. I'm doing all this stuff by hand and maybe thats the problem.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');