• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Bottles(professional Series)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Bottles(professional Series)

I would like to see a more break proof product bottle. Here is why I say this. I had a bottle of Speed Glaze that still had 25 to 30 ounces left in it. I was trying to carry it and someother products out to my garage from my basement when it slipped out of my hand and came crashing down on my tiled kitchen floor. It made that distinct sound of a filled plastic bottle breaking. I look down and the bottle is bleeding Speed Glaze all over the tile. Now like I said it was near full so I lost all but about 8 to 10 ounces. This forced me to salvage what I could and use a different bottle. I also ordered a new 32 ounce Speed Glaze that I got today.

Andrew M. Parshall
    2013 Race Red F-150 SCREW

Hi Andrew,

We hear your concern as even I have dropped bottle only to have them break. I think the last time I checked into this and also posted here or on another forum about this topic, is the issue has to do with the types of plastics that are available for this type of industry and that EPA regulations have forced plastic manufactures to change their formulas to comply with regulations in their industry and the result is the type of plastics available.

At least that's how I remember it. But your suggestion and feedback is important and it will be read.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

That's kind of funny on the face of it...breakable plastic bottles! Sorry you lost product, those bigger bottles are probably more prone to breakage due to the size and therefore weight of product that's in them.

I guess this is just Murphy's law, when you want something to be durable, it breaks, when you want to open the plastic package on something you just bought, you need a blowtorch to get in there!

Comment

Mike is absoultely right! EPA regulations are a major problem in making good plastic products. That is one reasons so many products are made overseas! That is something that no one in government wants to talk about.

I agree about the blowtorch to open those blister packs!

RamAirV1
        2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
        2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

I feel your pain, as I have dropped bottles and lost product also.
          It is very frustrating, so I transfered some products to round bottles
          and they never break when dropped. Perhaps a round bottle is the answer.

Comment

What are the round bottles called that you can order from Meguiar's?? I've seen some of them in pictures people have posted with products they've used. It almost looks like a clear ketchup bottle that you would see at a restaurant with a pointy tip, if that describes it lol.
            Jason
            2004 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Comment

The part number for that bottle is D-20199.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');