• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leather seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leather seats

I was using a diluted 1:10 APC / water solution to clean the leather seats of a 2004 Toyota Solara. I was just spraying a terry cloth and rubbing the seats to get them clean. I tried a tooth brush at first but they didn't seem dirty enough to make a difference. But when I was rubbing the seats i saw it was making cracking in the leather alot more visible. I only did 1 half the of the driver seat and decided to stop because I didn't want to finish and have tons of cracks all over the seat.

If I went ahead and finished with the APC and then went back over with a Meguiar's Gold Clas Rich Leather Cleaner would that remove the cracks?

Thanks

Re: Leather seats

You mean like the imperfections in the leather, or the leather was actually cracking?

Is the leather in bad shape?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Could you try to post a picture so we can see? I have some leather concerns of my own and I'd like to compare.
      -----

Comment

It sounds like the liquid in the brush was 'magnifying' the crack and the leather backer now revealed in the crack...
        2000 Ford Explorer XLT "Deuce"
        2007 Toyota Camry XLE

Comment

I don't know why the leather would look so poor (with the cracking and all) on such a new car. I've never used APC on my car. For leather (if I'm doing a through cleaning), I'll use Leatherique, but if ever I need a quick clean I would (this still hasn't come up) use Meguiar's Gold Wipes. My 13 going on 14 year old leather looks like new. Of course, I don't know what the PO's did with it before me, but I do know it's all original.

Really, pictures would help loads to diagnose the problem. It could just be a wearing down of the leather.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');