• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you charge??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What would you charge??

Originally posted by Show N Tell View Post
    Thanks for everybody who responded! Myself along with 2 other guys worked approx 5 hours on the boat which was very dirty and had oxidation all over. Heres a list of what we did...

Wash (interior/exterior)
    Clay Bar/Compound/Polish/Wax (exterior)
    Clay Bar and Polished the entire deck + captains center which had hundreds of bugs left behind also removing numerous stains
    Leather Clean/Condition all vinyl
    For the 3 of you. It seems like a fair price.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

You know what... today he is probably happy that he got it for $500. He's probably bragging it up, that he can now get a few grand more for his boat if he decided to sell it. I think it was just a bit of sticker shock, but as he looks at his boat a little bit more and uses it he'll see the value.

One thing that I aim to do in business is exceed my customers expectations. I always under promise and over deliver. If the expectation is never set at the beginning this is impossible to do.

I wouldn't get too caught up in this, the guy paid the $500 so he must have seen the value. We've all picked up our car from a shop and the bill was a little higher than expected. We're not upset because we didn't get the value, we're upset because the bill was higher than our expectations.

Lesson learned. Set expectations at the beginning. Money, time, quality. Work towards exceeding the goal you have set.

Comment

Thanks guys! Ill be sure to ALWAYS discuss a price before hand from now on. Rookie mistake...!

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');