• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the best order to apply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the best order to apply

im mainly looking to get rid of some light swirls. i have scratch x2.0 , megs paint cleaner, megs polish, as well as meg cleaner wax, gold wax, and to finish it off nxt 2.0

i was wondering what is the best order that i should apply everything in.

i was thinking apply in this order

scratch x
    megs paint cleaner
    megs paint polish
    cleaner wax
    gold class wax
    nxt 2.0

let me know what u think

thanks

Re: what is the best order to apply

just to correct, i have swirlx if it makes a difference

Comment

I would do this:

Scratchx 2.0 (it is the 2.0 I hope)
      Megs paint polish (Deep Crystal Polish?)
      NXT 2.0
      Gold Class Wax

The Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner is not really needed after Scratchx 2.0 unless there was some hazing after Scratchx 2.0. In usual circumstances, there should not be any hazing so DC1 (Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner) would not be needed.

Cleaner Wax cleans, polishes and protects. If you apply it after the polish then the layer of polish you just layed down will be nullified beause the cleaner wax just removed it.

The NXT 2.0 topped with Gold Class is a great combo. Since NXT 2.0 is a paint sealant, you should apply it as the base and then Gold Class as the top coat as it is the carnauba blend.

You could also try using Swirlx before Scratchx2.0 as it is the less aggressive of the two.
      Tedrow's Detailing
      845-642-1698
      Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

sorry to be kinda vague,

yes the paint cleaner and polish are deep crystal system

do i apply very little swirlx, very lightly and take it off wet or do i apply some pressure to it?

Comment

Apply some pressure to it. You need to work the product against the finish. Use a Hi-Tech Foam Applicator pad and work the prodcut with some passion. Remember to use the base fo the fingers as pressure, not the tips of the fingers. Wipe it off when the product is translucent and/or when you feel the product not working as well (you will need to use it on order to know exactly). Do not let it dry.

You may want to pick up some Ultimate Compound also. It is significantly more aggressive than Swirlx and that may be necessary in order to achieve the results you desire.

Working by hand can be a daunting task. Patience is the key. It may take several applications of product before seeing the results you want.

For reference, what color are you working on?
          Tedrow's Detailing
          845-642-1698

Comment

victory red, im not to worried about doing it by hand, just making sure that i am using it properly to try to get the best results. the swirls are not that bad

after your last post i realized that im making a couple mistakes in my order. i have never used swirl x before

my order before was mainly

megs dc paint cleaner
            megs dc paint polish
            cleaner wax
            gold class
            then nxt as a final wax

the combo of the paint cleaner and polish did a decent job of removing some of the swirls but im looking to get as much as i can out

i beileve i saw your post of when u used swirlx on your mini and i was very impressed, im hoping to have mine come out like that

Comment

If you put the time into it, the results will be very good as you saw. I recieved a G110V2 as a gift about a month ago and I have used on several cars including my own: http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43479. It really makes the job easier and gives superior results than hand application. However, that is not to say that with time, amazing results can be ahd by hand also.

Swirlx is more abrasive than DC1 and will remove more imperfections. It is a cleaner/polish and also has some polishing oils that will really bring the paint up to a high gloss, especially on the dark reds, blacks, blues, and greens.

I am sure you will do fine. Remember to read through how to maintain the vehicle so that it remains in top shape for as long as possible.
              Tedrow's Detailing
              845-642-1698

Comment

Originally posted by coopers23 View Post

The NXT 2.0 topped with Gold Class is a great combo. Since NXT 2.0 is a paint sealant, you should apply it as the base and then Gold Class as the top coat as it is the carnauba blend.

You could also try using Swirlx before Scratchx2.0 as it is the less aggressive of the two.
                Agreed on both accounts.

I have been Championing #7 Show Car Glaze as a base, then NXT 2.0 and then Hi-tech yellow for the top layer as it is a carnuba. CHeck the Show case results section on my recent details.

Swirlx get a lot out. IF its bad such like oxidation, I go right to Ultimate Compound. Here is a recent Trans Am I did.

Comment

?what does work against the paint mean, rubbing in a certian direction? or just rubbing it it

Comment

How to correctly apply ScratchX to remove swirls and scratches

You can probably look on Youtube for more.

Just be careful to use your palm/across your fingers, dont use your finger tips.
                    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

is it safe to apply scratchx after i applied swirlx because i didnt get the exact results i was looking for, or just go on to a polish?

Comment

You can follow up with ScratchX 2.0 or UC if needed. For an entire car, UC may be the way to go.

Or a second application of SwirlX.

Or move on and fix it more next time.

How did it go, what happened, etc?
                        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by quikz28 View Post
                          is it safe to apply scratchx after i applied swirlx because i didnt get the exact results i was looking for, or just go on to a polish?

Ultimate compound provides same result as SwirlX but UC is more efficient and requires less work then Swirl X.

Comment

its coming along decent, its tough to tell in a garage cause the car is pretty much ripped apart, but i think its better than when it came in. im applying a coat of nxt. so far i started with dc wash, swirlx, scratchx in certian spots, dc2 polish, now applying nxt then gonna wait till tomorrow to apply a couple coats of gold class

Comment

how long should i wait before i wipe nxt off, i see a 12 hr cure time, does that mean i should leave it on the car for 12 hours before i wipe it off or wait 12 hours before i apply anything else to it?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');