• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Touch up paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touch up paint

I'm not sure which is the right way to do this.For a couple small paint chips do I paint then wax or wax then fill in the chip.I'm not a expert on this just want to keep the car looking good.I'm using a tooth pick to fill in the nicks.Living up in Wisconsin we get alot of sand on the roads for salt and that gets kick up .How bad is putting a Bra on a new car ,Chevy Traverse for the paint.Thanks

Re: Touch up paint

You want to keep the wax away from the chips. You can wax before or after, just stay away from them.

Use some IPA, etc to clean the chip, even a little sand paper or a fiberglass pen to get any loose paint on the edges. Then dab the paint in in thin layers, do a couple layers. Then let dry, and avoid it for a month or so before waxing over it.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');