• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shout out from Kentucky to everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shout out from Kentucky to everyone!

Hi everyone, I am a 1st time ( Ford ) 2010 mustang owner and I fear waxing my car due to factory stripes. I love Meguiar car washing products and was wanting advice on waxing. I have been reading about clay bars which I know nothing about , but am interested in learning more. I joined this website to learn techniques on taking care of my car. I plan on keeping it as long as my last car Chevy Camaro 15 years. Keep on taking care of those fantastic cars everyone! You have to love them.

Re: Shout out from Kentucky to everyone!

If the stripes are factory, I would think they would be under the clear coat. If that is the case, there would be no problem waxing them like any other part of your car.

Comment

Welcome to MOL

I was born in Louisville. Tell us some more about the stripes on the Mustang.... Location, color, etc. Sometimes it can be the safest to tape over the edges of decals if they are on top of the paint & clearcoat, especially if you are planning to be a long tem owner.

Comment

Hello and welcome to mol.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Welcome to MOL. Got family ties in Louisville. Welcome.
          Don
          "In the game of life, I have no need for tickets on the 50-yard line, I brought my shoes, I came to play." unknown

http://www.facebook.com/pages/OC-Det...7770507?v=wall

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');