• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's All Season Dressing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiar's All Season Dressing

I just got a bottle in, so I figured I'd give a review and update it once a week on how long it lasts.

Appearance-Blue water. Nothing special. I figured it'd be a runny gel, like Germ-X after it sits in the sun, but wasn't the case.

Smell-
    sovlent-y? I assume. It's not like the other products in the Detail line. I have APC+, which has an orange-ish scent, Body Solvent with a vanilla scent, and Paint Reconditioning Cream with the cherries scent. I almost expected raspberries. But then again, it doesn't matter how it smells, as long as it's not overpowering and the product works as it's designed to.

Set up-Tires are Goodyear LS-2, 18". I scrubbed them down with a Mother's tire brush and Gold Class car wash. I should've used APC+ to get off all the gunk, as I had been using AA Tire Foam the past couple of times. But I think they were clean enough to go forward (plus I didn't think about it till after the fact). I first applied about 4 squirts on the tire and wiped around that, but then I saw it was getting on the blacktop, so the others were done with squirting ASD onto the Cobra tire applicator.

Pictures- I should note that these were taken after one day and driving about 35 miles on dry highway.

Left fronts.
    These were the ones where ASD was applied directly and wiped

Right frontsThese were done with ASD applied to applicator then wiped

Conclusion
    I'm happy with the shine they give. It's not overly done like Meguiar's Endurance High Gloss. It seems just right. I hope it lasts. I'll report mileage with each day. Since it's summer time, I'm not driving a whole lot, but I'll do what I can, even if it means going for an afternoon drive.
    Last edited by Markus Kleis; Jun 30, 2010, 10:53 PM. Reason: Resized images
    -Kyle

Re: Meguiar's All Season Dressing

They look good. Lately, ASD has been my go to for tires and wheel wells.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

I use ASD 90% of the time for tires, I've used it on exterior plastics, too. That's funny you mention the smell; it is one of my least favorite Meguiar's scents. Cheap cologne, perhaps?

Anxious to see your experience with durability, I've usually gotten about a week or so (400 miles) with a noticeable amount of shine before it fades to clean black.

Looking forward to more pictures, the ones with the sun look good!
      Mark

Comment

ASD looks like that Black Magic product thats been around for a while ... everyone is different and has there preference for tire dressings ... I prefer HD 3:1 as it leaves more of a sheen and has no presence of an oily residue as ASD and BMagic do .... and when cleaning as its water based it makes for easy cleaning.
        Just my 2 cents

Comment

I haven't found a product that lasts as long and applies/removes as easy as Hot Shine Tire Gel, but that stuff sure looks good. Keep us updated, car looks great!

PS:
          Resize pics to 800x600
          Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Megafast13 View Post
            I haven't found a product that lasts as long and applies/removes as easy as Hot Shine Tire Gel, but that stuff sure looks good. Keep us updated, car looks great!

PS:
            Resize pics to 800x600
            ASD is easier and faster to apply than Hot Shine Tire Gel.
            Nick
            Tucker's Detailing Services
            815-954-0773
            2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

ziggo, I got your e-mail about the picture size. If you could just re-size them and post them again in a reply. I will then go back and clean it all up. Shoot me an e-mail at the address in my signature.

Mark

Comment

Any updates?
                Mark

Comment

Does All Season Dressing do a good job on the wheel wells?

Comment

Yes.

Just spray and wipe around with cloth, or foam paint brush ,etc.
                    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by EPHIOS View Post
                      Yes and it lasts a good long time.

Comment

Yes! I use a large, old sponge and spray ASD on that and use for the wheel wells and exterior plastic.
                        Composers shouldn't think too much, it interferes with their plagiarism. -- Howard Dietz

Comment

A very good job.

Comment

Thanks guys! I am currently using Meguiar's Water-Based Dressing for my wheel wells. It's OK, it lasts about two weeks (or two car washes). I will finish the gallon jug first, then I will purchase ASD. It will be more economical.

Comment

I just spray the ASD in there and let it air dry.

Hyperdressing is going to be the most economical for wheel well use though.
                              Nick
                              Tucker's Detailing Services
                              815-954-0773
                              2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');