• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who has an android phone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who has an android phone?

I currently have a blackberry bold through verizon wireless. I have til july 15 to change devices. On that day the droix x comes out and it looks amazing. Who has an android phone and what do u love/hate about it? Any advice?

Re: who has an android phone?

If you are on Verizon Wireless, Android is definitely the way to go.

The Droid X looks great, however, in my opinion it is just too big for my tastes. It definitely is a powerhouse, and Motorola does an OK job of doing some extra things with the standard Android user interface.

I own an HTC Incredible. It is probably the best smartphone available on Verizon and was the best smartphone available period before the Evo 4G and the iPhone 4. The Incredible/Droid X/Droid 2 will definitely be the way to go.

I love Android. I think it's just as good and in some ways better than the iPhone's architecture. Google integration is stellar. If you're a GMail user to begin with, it's so seamless. Log in to your Google account from the phone, and everything is synced to the cloud. Contacts, emails, and calendars. Doesn't matter if you change something online or on the phone, it automatically gets synced (almost immediately) to all of the places you can access Google. I would start getting that stuff together so that when you log in to your phone for the first time, there is no setup.

Android is also extremely easy to use. The devices you're looking at are powerhouses, so you should have no problem with hardware quality and software performance. One thing I'm not crazy about is there is no easy way to sync your media content to the phone. Compared to the iPhone syncing with iTunes, there seems to be no easy way to sync your media. Unfortunately, I don't consider these phones as media heavy as the iPhone, and I'm actually considering buying an iPod touch for the apps that I can't find on the Android Market (which a lot of the big apps for the iPhone are slowing making their way to Android) and for all of my media. The storage capacity of the iPod touch is a lot greater too.

All in all, go for it. Droid X/Droid 2/Incredible will be your way to go. Always try out the devices though before you buy. You never know what might be a deal breaker until you actually hold it. I pre-ordered an Incredible sight unseen and I just happen to love it. If you're coming from a BlackBerry though, ANY Android phone you'll love.
    1998 Supermarine Blue Pearl Honda CR-V

Comment

I love my Motorola Droid, coming from a Blackberry Storm 1 & 2...The only thing I DONT like is the battery life. It goes way to quick and a spare battery is about $40.

Comment

thanks guys...i like the looks/feel of my BB but i need something faster...and with a bigger screen....DO U THINK I WILL HAVE TO WAIT IN LINE? is it gonna be like the iphone 4 launch? or do u think i can go anytime and pick it up..I HAVE TO GET IT ON RELEASE DAY BECASUE ITS MY LAST DAY TO GET RID OF MY BB....

Comment

There shouldnt be a line to get it.

Comment

Had my Moto Cliq XT for about 3 months now. It's on the lower end of the hardware curve but it's just fine for me (will be even better when the 2.1 firmware is released for it). I can't say _anything_ bad about the phone. It's _so_ nice to finally have a phone that the provider has not crippled.

I have a Gmail and Facebook account so MotoBlur pulled in all of my contact info automatically. It also syncs all my contact info as it changes on any account.

Comment

I have the G1 and I love it.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');