• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Put a THANK YOU button on posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Put a THANK YOU button on posts

When I have to read tens or hundreds of posts to find information I want on a forum, it's annoying enough to have to sort through the off topic posts. Forums are great for information, but one of the worst things about them is that it takes so much time so sort through posts and really pick up new, reliable information. You have to check three different threads to see if the information is correct, or at least generally accepted, and even then you're not sure if you have it right. Many of these posts are people saying a simple thanks to someone for good information. So I'm not sure if it's a forum plug-in or what, but I've seen some forums where you can simply click a thanks button and it says " has thanked "

See the bottom of the first post on this forum for an example: *No hyperlinks before 30 posts
    This might cut down on thank you posts, and save users like me, who do a ton of reading, some time.
    Last edited by Markus Kleis; Jul 7, 2010, 10:38 PM. Reason: No hyperlinks before reaching 30 posts
Working...
X
gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');