• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MF drying towels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MF drying towels

Hi

How do u use theses??

I washed it from new and let it dry.
    Used it 2day and it seemed to make the car look like it had smear's on it.

Do u use it damp/dry??

Thanks all

Dave
    Focus ST170
    Imperial Blue
    Climate Pack & Spoiler (3dr)
    Xenons and more...

www.allfords.net *Forum for all Fords

Hi Dave,

Microfiber polishing cloths should be washed as normal towels would be using a laundry detergent in warm or hot water then dried in a dryer.

Don't' use any fabric softener in the washing machine, or in the dryer. After they have been dried, fold and store in a clean, contaminant free location until you're ready to use them.

Microfiber polishing cloths should not be washed with other cloths or non-microfiber towels as they will tend to attract stray fibers onto themselves. What we do is save our microfiber polishing cloths until we have enough to run a small dedicated load through the washing and drying cycles.

Hope this helps...

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hey,

Like Mike, I too wash the drying towels in the washing machine, without any kind of fabric softeners. I then let the towels air dry.
      Give that a try!

Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Also best to use a liquid type detergent (Tide Free). Air dry, or low cycle drying is ok.
        My Home Page
        2000 Ford Explorer XLT
        Alpine CDM-9803, Alpine MRP-F306, Crossfire TEK 35.2, Front Stage: Stock Speakers, JL Audio 10W3D2

Comment

At moment i am washing them by hand with fairy non-bio.

I washed them and washed them out and left to air dry.

2day i dryed the Focus and they scratched it!!!

All my hard work by scratch X was a waste of time

What happened was i dryed the bonnet and one side of the car and it was so wet it but smeared everything.

So when over with a dry one and it scratched!!

Whats going on peeps

Dave
          Focus ST170
          Imperial Blue
          Xenons and more...

Comment

I see you are in the UK. I'm not familiar with the quality of MFs out there. You might have to buy some off the internet. The quality from store bought and internet bought MFs can be like night and day. For QDing and product removal I use a very plush MF. For interior or glass work I use a tighter napped MF. For everything else door jambs, wheels, wheel wells I use the cheap stuff from WalMart either cotton or MFs.
            My Home Page
            2000 Ford Explorer XLT
            Alpine CDM-9803, Alpine MRP-F306, Crossfire TEK 35.2, Front Stage: Stock Speakers, JL Audio 10W3D2

Comment

I bought mine off the net also m8

Dave
              Focus ST170
              Imperial Blue
              Xenons and more...

Comment

Originally posted by dave_st170
                At moment i am washing them by hand with fairy non-bio.

I washed them and washed them out and left to air dry.

2day i dryed the Focus and they scratched it!!!

All my hard work by scratch X was a waste of time

What happened was i dryed the bonnet and one side of the car and it was so wet it but smeared everything.

So when over with a dry one and it scratched!!

Whats going on peeps

Dave
                Are these good quality MF's? Not all MF's are created equal?

If you are drying the vehicle, you should be using high quality Waffle Weave towels. Still, even good regular MF's should dry the vehicle without scratching............ it will just take more of them.
                Boss_429

Comment

Microfibre Drying Towel (Yellow)

Advanced effective drying system

Whatever you currently use to dry your vehicle after washing, you will be truly amazed by our Meguiar's Microfibre Drying Towel. It uses an advanced synthetic waffle weave to provide the safest, cleanest, most streak-free results yet. It measures 16 inches by 27 inches and is machine washable.

These are the ones i have got peeps
                  Use one to take the top layer of water off and the second one to take what ever was left.

Dave
                  Focus ST170
                  Imperial Blue
                  Xenons and more...

Comment

I have had great success washing my MF's by hand in a 5 gal bucket.

I don't use the washer because my wife owns the laundry station and she fears I'll contaminate her machine.

I use powdered Tide detergent and hot-hot water. Then I use a big wooden spoon to agitate the towels back and forth like a washing machine. (my wife laughs at me).

I don't mind doing them by hand as the exercise will help keep my heart attack away for a few more years.

After about 10 or 12 minutes, I drain the water, wring out each towel and fill for the rinse.

I rinse them real well and use some distilled white vinegar in the final rinse. Wring them out and hang to dry.

They always come out soft and plush. I use some Meguiar's Ultimate wipes and some Costco cheapos.

OH ! Make sure you remove any tags and the little tail it leaves behind hiding in the seams. Those tags will make you crazy with scratches.

Comment

Originally posted by wblynch
                      I have had great success washing my MF's by hand in a 5 gal bucket.

I don't use the washer because my wife owns the laundry station and she fears I'll contaminate her machine.

I use powdered Tide detergent and hot-hot water. Then I use a big wooden spoon to agitate the towels back and forth like a washing machine. (my wife laughs at me).

I don't mind doing them by hand as the exercise will help keep my heart attack away for a few more years.

After about 10 or 12 minutes, I drain the water, wring out each towel and fill for the rinse.

I rinse them real well and use some distilled white vinegar in the final rinse. Wring them out and hang to dry.

They always come out soft and plush. I use some Meguiar's Ultimate wipes and some Costco cheapos.

OH ! Make sure you remove any tags and the little tail it leaves behind hiding in the seams. Those tags will make you crazy with scratches.

It must be me then.
                      I am sure i am doing everything right.

Dave

Focus ST170
                      Imperial Blue
                      Xenons and more...

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');