• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaning Endurance tire gel off your tire swipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning Endurance tire gel off your tire swipes

They don't call it "Endurance" for nothing. This stuff stays on tires a long time and it also stays on your foam tire swipes a long time

For those of you who use this stuff regularly, any secrets to getting the foam tire swipes clean?

I have been soaking them in a small pail filled with hot water and a Oxy clean liquid and Dawn combo, but even after soaking overnight the residue (although cleaned somewhat), is still present (sticky) on the foam applicator. I then fill a clean pail with hot water and agitate and then try to squeeze any left over out, but it never seems to get it completely clean.
    2019 Ford F-150 XLT SPORT 4X4 Ecoboost

Re: Cleaning Endurance tire gel off your tire swipes

I have designated dressing applicators. This way I never have to worry about getting all the dressing out of the applicator for next use. That's what I recommend you do.

Otherwise, you could agitate it with hot water and Dawn in a kitchen sink. This is what I do with extremely stubborn stains and 90% of the time it works.
    Tedrow's Detailing
    845-642-1698
    Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Spray them with Super Degreaser 4:1, let dwell, then rinse.
      Nick
      Tucker's Detailing Services
      815-954-0773
      2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Yeah, Dawn is good... but never comes all out. Just keep them seperate in some paper towels.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

would APC+ work? i have a similar problem too. i have dedicated applicator for it, but i would still like to get it as clean as possible

Comment

You can try it, wouldnt hurt anything.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Keep it in a plastic baggy until you use it again. Then it is already "primed" for the next go around.

Comment

Originally posted by roushstage2 View Post
                Keep it in a plastic baggy until you use it again. Then it is already "primed" for the next go around.
                That is what I did. Why bother to clean it.

Comment

Before I was the applicators. I pre- treat them with shout. Then throw them in the washer. It removes about 95% of the residue.Store them in a ziploc bag till next use.
                  quality creates its own demand

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I seriously don't think I'll ever get all of the gel off no matter what I do, so I like the idea to just save and use these for dedicated tire swipes.
                    2019 Ford F-150 XLT SPORT 4X4 Ecoboost

Comment

Out of curiosity, what else were you going to use the tire swipes for? I've used one for applying dressing to trim before. Works well actually. They are square, so I can get right up to the edge of the trim, but not get the dressing on the paint which is what usually happens when using a round applicator pad.

Comment

I keep my Endurance Gel specific applicator in a plastic bag and do not clean it. As mentioned in previous posts, the pad remains primed and I find that this process works really well with EG.

Comment

I put my pads face down on a folded paper towel to absorb any residue the drips, then re-use them.

I toss them out when they get too bad. They're like <$2 anyway

Comment

Besides the pads being primed and ready to go by storing in Baggies, you'll use less product over time. Washing them just throws away good product! I use a black marker to mark the product on the Baggie so I don't have to remember which is which.
                            Barry

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');