• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'07 Ford F350 dually detail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '07 Ford F350 dually detail

This is my first makeover post. So without further a do here we go...

This is my friends cross country hauler truck for his race car. The truck sits outside 24/7 and has never received any TLC. Although it is washed twice a month, I decided to help a friend out and try and clean up his truck for him and restore a shine to it. Let me know what you guys think and if you have any suggestions on what i can try next time. thanks for checking out my post.

The truck was washed prior to me getting my hands on it. As you can see the truck has moderate swirls in the clear coat and lots of contamination.

Here is how the hood looked after claying (3 times over), cutting, Meguiar's #9, #7, and gold class paste wax were applied. Those are the reflections of the clouds overhead.

After pulling the truck back into the bay, the reflection on the fender caught my eye. So here's some pics to compare the 2 fenders. (sorry if there are a little dark)

Before:

After:

The driver side fender looks a little more crisper to me.....

Here is the truck when all was said and done. What do you guys think?

And one more of the hood. I think I need to invest in a rotary buffer for jobs like these. I'm looking to get either the Dewalt or the Makita. But until then my PC will work just fine.

Thanks again for checking out my post. I hope to have many more to come just like this or even better.
    2017 Honda CR-V

Re: '07 Ford F350 dually detail

That is one sweet truck - it looks fantastic in those after shots. Good work!

Comment

Sweet dually....and great job on the detail too!
      Don
      "In the game of life, I have no need for tickets on the 50-yard line, I brought my shoes, I came to play." unknown

http://www.facebook.com/pages/OC-Det...7770507?v=wall

Comment

Nice job! Unless you plan on doing some hardcore correction, a PC will do just fine for you IMHO.
        Tedrow's Detailing
        845-642-1698
        Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

how long did this job take you?
          2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Kleis View Post
            That is one sweet truck - it looks fantastic in those after shots. Good work!
            Yeah I'm a fan of it too. Looks 10x's better shined up. Thanks for the compliment.

Originally posted by gto_don View Post
            Sweet dually....and great job on the detail too!
            Thanks Don. i appreciate it.

Originally posted by coopers23 View Post
            Nice job! Unless you plan on doing some hardcore correction, a PC will do just fine for you IMHO.
            Yeah I know. PC works great and all but I would like to be a well rounded detailer even though its more of a hobby rather than a job. Although a lil extra $$$ on the side never hurt anyone haha. I'm goin to the Meg's detail class on 31st hopefully to learn a bit on how to use one. We'll see how it goes. thanks again for the compliment.

Originally posted by Marc08EX View Post
            how long did this job take you?
            I was at the shop for a total of 10 hours. Maybe 8 of those hours spent on the truck.
            2017 Honda CR-V

Comment

The truck looks great. Nice work.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
                The truck looks great. Nice work.
                Thanks.
                2017 Honda CR-V

Comment

Wow the truck looks awesome after you detailed it! I live local to you can you detail my Tundra? You got PM. Thanks!

Comment

truck looks great!
                    the wheels on that are bada$$
                    03' Honda Civic EX - 89,xxx mi.

Comment

Originally posted by civicferio View Post
                      Wow the truck looks awesome after you detailed it! I live local to you can you detail my Tundra? You got PM. Thanks!

Yeah sure anytime, any weekend. thanks

Originally posted by MarkieMark View Post
                      truck looks great!
                      the wheels on that are bada$$
                      thanks. I think he is sponsored by the rim company. They hooked him up. lucky guy. haha
                      2017 Honda CR-V

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');