• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Ultimate Protectant safe to use on 1999 4Runner Exterior Trimings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Ultimate Protectant safe to use on 1999 4Runner Exterior Trimings?

Hello everyone,

I am very new to detailing and recently bought the Ultimate Protectant.

I was wondering if the Ultimate Protectant is safe to use on my 1999 Toyota 4Runner's exterior plastic-like trimmings such as the... (pic shown below)
    1) plastic around the license plate area
    2) plastic on top of the rear bumper

Thanks.
    1999 Toyota 4Runner 4WD SR5

Re: Can Ultimate Protectant safe to use on 1999 4Runner Exterior Trimings?

Sure is!

Just make sure to clean it as well as you can first, and after allowing it to dry for 15 minutes or, wipe away the excess with a towel.

Comment

Follow the advice that Mark gave. Also you may find, that it may take a couple of coats to give you a nice looking finish.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

And you'll love the results!! I like applying it with a micro fiber applicator pad...the kind you would use to apply wax/polish. A little bit goes a LONG way...apply it thin....then maybe a second coat as suggested if needed.
        Barry

Comment

Try using a compound to brighten them up first and remove any old "oxidation", then follow up with UP.

Here I used Ultimate Compound on the trim of this 1996 Ford Explorer

Before

After

50/50 M105 on plastic trim - 1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

Keep in mind that this will only work on smooth plastic - not textured plastic.

BTW, welcome to MOL!
          Shane
          1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Kleis View Post
            Sure is!

Just make sure to clean it as well as you can first, and after allowing it to dry for 15 minutes or, wipe away the excess with a towel.
            Thanks for the tip!

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
            Follow the advice that Mark gave. Also you may find, that it may take a couple of coats to give you a nice looking finish.
            Yup.

Originally posted by Poki View Post
            And you'll love the results!! I like applying it with a micro fiber applicator pad...the kind you would use to apply wax/polish. A little bit goes a LONG way...apply it thin....then maybe a second coat as suggested if needed.
            Originally posted by CieraSL View Post
            Try using a compound to brighten them up first and remove any old "oxidation", then follow up with UP.

Keep in mind that this will only work on smooth plastic - not textured plastic.

BTW, welcome to MOL!
            Thanks! I am very glad that I found this forum.

I still need some help...

My dog recently jumped on my door and left behind multiple scratches on the plastic around the window (pic below); Could I also use Ultimate Protectant to get rid of the scratches?

Also, I got keyed on the side of my 4Runner (pic below); From the looks of it, the scratch is pretty deep. Is Scratch X 2.0 a good way to remove the scratch?

Need some advices. Thanks in advance.

1999 Toyota 4Runner 4WD SR5

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');